PDA

View Full Version : East intercooler pressure test

ROZER
Monday 29th July 2013, 20:50
my car has been dumping lots off boost and I have been getting boost spikes so I thought it was time to see if I had a intercooler leak, thought I would share how I tested this . first I used small face cream tube I stole from the wife measurement was 55mm put a little hole in top and bottom then added a threaded nipple with some silicone to seal . Then I used a 60mm hole cutter and cut out from 3by 2 wood . using the small hose from the turbo to charge pipe put the 60mm wood you just cut out and tighten the jubilee clip up. Now undo the lower right intercooler pipe and the etm jubilee clip pull off the pipe to the etm ,push the pipe forward to give room so you can attach the hose from your charge pipe, with the wood bung in place tighten up your jubilee clip. Now undo your lower left intercooler pipe from your charge pipe remember to leave the rubber pipe attached to the intercooler as you only need the top of the hose to put in your made up tub with nipple, tighten jubilee clip. Now you need a pump with gauge to pump about 20psi through it I used a hand pump with some small vac pipe and a tee piece from Halfords I also got the gauge there too its a oxford tyre gauge pro only cheap .It doesn't take long to pump up to 20psi lucky my intercooler seems fine as it holds pressure . With the pump setup and gauge you can always set your wastegate actuator easy so its not dead money you will use it many times like I have. Hope this helps someone.220912209222093