PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a show?

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:12
As I've said in the past myself & my mates are well into our cars. As we all have different makes & models it makes it limited to go to certain shows where we all have an interest.
On the 1st September 2013 we will be attending a show at Chumley Castle not far from Chester. I'm aiming to have my car in a drive able safe state by then & plan on attending the show, dents & all.
Last year my brother in law won best modified in the show & shine but I very much doubt I will be in any competitions & after missing out on yesterday's north west meet I wondered if any of you boys would be interested?
The show is a classic car show but some of our cars are regarded as classics so all welcome.
I've been told I can get show passes for £7 which includes occupants of the vehicle so it could be a cheap day out.
Sadly the private road isn't bailed off & ready for action like at the pagaent of power. :(
If anyone is interested here's the link:
http://www.cholmondeleycastle.com/News.asp?S=3&V=1&P=41
Be great to see you & some back me up with a few more of Swedens finest.
Dave

foammanmark
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:16
I could make that in any of my cars(C70 T5,V70 R or 854 T-5R) if we want to show different Volvo models. I'm in..........

MoleT-5R
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:18
As I've said in the past myself & my mates are well into our cars. As we all have different makes & models it makes it limited to go to certain shows where we all have an interest.
On the 1st September 2013 we will be attending a show at Chumley Castle not far from Chester. I'm aiming to have my car in a drive able safe state by then & plan on attending the show, dents & all.
Last year my brother in law won best modified in the show & shine but I very much doubt I will be in any competitions & after missing out on yesterday's north west meet I wondered if any of you boys would be interested?
The show is a classic car show but some of our cars are regarded as classics so all welcome.
I've been told I can get show passes for £7 which includes occupants of the vehicle so it could be a cheap day out.
Sadly the private road isn't bailed off & ready for action like at the pagaent of power. :(
If anyone is interested here's the link:
http://www.cholmondeleycastle.com/News.asp?S=3&V=1&P=41
Be great to see you & some back me up with a few more of Swedens finest.
Dave

might be a bit tight for some of us as we have Trax at Silverstone the following weekend

foammanmark
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:25
This would be a good outing for Seb's pickup, and close to him too.

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 20:33
I think it would definitely be an occasion for the Gul Mark. If immingham could make it we could have a matching pair. Seb could make eyebrows raised I'm sure...
Most of the cars I know of in the show are the same era & modified so would be good to represent..
Mole I realise that mate, I'd love to come to trax but a week before my wedding I'm pushing it. Lol
Be great if you could though!

claymore
Sunday 28th July 2013, 21:10
Only 30 miles away, so count me in :)

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 21:22
Only 30 miles away, so count me in :)

Brilliant Colin! I'll be the one with my head in your engine bay! :)
If we can get a list going I can get the tickets sorted.

Biff
Foammanmark
Claymore

claymore
Sunday 28th July 2013, 21:34
I should have it looking a bit tidier by then :)

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 21:46
I can only hope mines tidier the money I'm spending. Lol
Looking forward to it.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 28th July 2013, 22:15
Brilliant Colin! I'll be the one with my head in your engine bay! :)
If we can get a list going I can get the tickets sorted.

what sort of cost are we talking ? just a few more hours in the foundry....lol

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 22:27
Looking like £7 for a show pass to be on the northwales performance car club stand, plus petrol & food/drink. That's classed as a family pass.
It is really for pre 97 cars so I'm cheating a bit but had the ok off the organizer.
Not sure if camping is available but will find out!

PHIL V70R
Monday 29th July 2013, 00:17
will bring the R if you have the room sir....:eclipsee_

MoleT-5R
Monday 29th July 2013, 00:43
Looking like £7 for a show pass to be on the northwales performance car club stand, plus petrol & food/drink. That's classed as a family pass.
It is really for pre 97 cars so I'm cheating a bit but had the ok off the organizer.
Not sure if camping is available but will find out!

that sounds very reasonable, think I'll have to pop along then

oktanejay
Tuesday 30th July 2013, 11:05
Im up for this as we are there anyway, we do a lot of the classic shows and providing its dry chomly is a good place to be, also has a great auto jumble

oktanejay
Tuesday 30th July 2013, 11:14
ahh no not if it the north wales performance group they can whistle for any support from us, Jackie and russ know why

Biff
Tuesday 30th July 2013, 14:40
ahh no not if it the north wales performance group they can whistle for any support from us, Jackie and russ know why
Don't know them personally, just thought it would be a good cheap way for us to meet up.

oktanejay
Tuesday 30th July 2013, 16:40
agreed they are great shows, I deal with Andrew greenwoods a lot so wouldn't take much to get a stand for the Volvo owners if so needed, ruling with the classic events is for every 4 pre 96 cars we have then we are allowed one post 96 car i.e 1 in 5 cars can be newer than 96,

Biff
Tuesday 30th July 2013, 20:09
Yeah that's what I've been told the rules are although there are plenty of pre 96 cars going so I'm safe. Pop over to see us at the show if your there.
Price is £3.50 for a family ticket if your showing peeps so if your interested pm me & I'll sort your tickets. It's £7 normal admission. My mistake.

Biff
Monday 5th August 2013, 21:48
Bump.
Myself & claymore booked on.

Biff
Sunday 11th August 2013, 16:50
Need the £3.50 by Wednesday if your coming boys?
So far myself & claymore have show passes.
Cheers