PDA

View Full Version : info required polish/wax what's what etc

jdavis
Friday 26th July 2013, 23:59
Real amateur question. Cleaned my v70 today and polished using autoglym polish. Someone recommended waxing it aswell to get more of a shine. How would I do that and what with?
Thanks

no1tosh
Saturday 27th July 2013, 09:05
hi mate, yes you need to wax it. It will add i little depth but more importantly it protects your paintwork.

i personally use meguiars gold class plus liquid. You get it in a little kit for about £12, give the bottle a good shake and apply a small amount to the yellow sponge pad supplyed.
In small overlapping circles apply to your car, you don't have to buff it on just wipe on so you have an even haze.

leave for about half an hour until you can run your finger over it and leave a clean mark with no smearing.

get you nice clean microfibre cloth and buff off. I usually do this 2-3 times just for the hell of it

hope this helps

jdavis
Saturday 27th July 2013, 10:10
hi mate, yes you need to wax it. It will add i little depth but more importantly it protects your paintwork.

i personally use meguiars gold class plus liquid. You get it in a little kit for about £12, give the bottle a good shake and apply a small amount to the yellow sponge pad supplyed.
In small overlapping circles apply to your car, you don't have to buff it on just wipe on so you have an even haze.

leave for about half an hour until you can run your finger over it and leave a clean mark with no smearing.

get you nice clean microfibre cloth and buff off. I usually do this 2-3 times just for the hell of it

hope this helps

Thanks for that. Did notice the meguiars stuff. They do a 3 step cleaning system that seems simple enough. Includes wax at the end.
Thanks for advice on technique.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 28th July 2013, 00:30
Megs DC#1 & #2 are fine but there are better waxes out there.