PDA

View Full Version : My list of parts keeps growing!!

Biff
Thursday 25th July 2013, 20:15
So while working what seems like every minute of the day earning for my wedding & my Volvo my parts list is getting bigger & further down the line of order. My brake parts should be enroute really soon & hopefully I will have the old girls brakes silent & not sticking on. I have sourced some front springs & had some fooler bolts made for the rear, the prop is being fitted really soon along with a new collar. A set of sponges subframe bushes & a genuine volvo strut brace is on its way too.
After saying I was going to keep the suspension stock I'm beginning to think this cars making a liar of me. I'm now thinking of poly engine mounts & anti roll bar bushes.. The mounts don't seem a problem but as for anti roll bar bushes I'm stumped.
Does anyone recommend any brand or know of anyone who makes them?
Being fussy I'd like to keep the mounts black or orange as yellow or purple just won't match my tango hoses & planned details.
Cheers for the help.

t5 pete
Thursday 25th July 2013, 20:35
Pfv do arb bushes also on about a huge parts list tell me about it roughly 80% of the parts on my gul will be getting changed im fed up of looking at parts

Biff
Thursday 25th July 2013, 21:17
I don't think I'll be far behind you pete! Don't think I'll ever make the money back on mine but hey ho, it will be worth it.
I've got kg planting seeds about LPG conversions. I have dreams of hybrid turbos & limited slip diffs, 336mm front brake conversions (thanks Martin) & I've even seen a private plate I want to hide the age a bit... £499 for the plate though & that will be a finishing touch..!
Still struggling on finding a decent v70r steering wheel though.
The Gul will be a cracker when she's done though & I'm sure you will keep it as long as your 855.

Biff
Thursday 25th July 2013, 21:24
Pfv do arb bushes also on about a huge parts list tell me about it roughly 80% of the parts on my gul will be getting changed im fed up of looking at parts

Ps I have looked on pfv & nothing for an ph1 awd.

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 26th July 2013, 14:01
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_546_385_389&products_id=6768

iancho
Friday 26th July 2013, 16:27
I'm pleased to read you've got the 'Bug' again mate, that's an impressive list and don't worry about the money... None of us expect to get ours back either! :smile:

thewatsonsmouts
Sunday 28th July 2013, 11:28
Demontweeks mate, if you take one off and measure it im sure they'll will have a pair. Think powerflex cover that. I did go round for the fooler bolt spacers to be made and they still haven't done them getting a bit fed up of waiting. I changed the collar on mine last week bro it was really easy and cost me nothing

Biff
Sunday 28th July 2013, 14:08
Been quoted £90 for the collar from Volvo Ben, I've not got one yet though. I got the fooler bolts knocked up from a local engineering wholesalers, I was up in my mates farm so popped in on my way home. Cost me £12.69 lol
Cheers iancho, the list is purely mechanical but I do keep seeing cosmetic things. I will be sorting the interior before I get it painted & refurb the wheels or source new ones. Lol
Jamie thanks for the link, I'll measure mine & think another order will be on the cards. Lol