PDA

View Full Version : 850 manifold

850south
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 05:57
Hi,have not been on here for some time,anyway has anybody had trouble with blowing manifolds on there 850 saloons ?,I have an 850 2.5 10v & have a very slight blow but can not seem to find where it's coming from,I think it's around the downpipe/manifold area & have been told the manifolds somtimes get hairline cracks,if this is the case where do I start as it looks a pig of a job removing everything to get there & just might be to much for me to take on,is ther anyone who has had this problem & can recommend a garage at a fair price.

jazzyr1
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 19:36
my 25 10 v has a crack in the exh manifold,just bandaged it up for the mo',but i was at parts for volvos online and they now do exh manifolds for yours at a very good price
HTH jazz

spesh
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 19:49
There are 5 metal gaskets (one for each port) on the exhaust manifold, the do go from time to time, mine went, head off job I would think is the best way to get tham changed, but might be done by taking the turbo off, is very hard to get to, one pig of a job, the gaskets are under a tenner from volvo if that is any help to u, lol.

Al115
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 19:56
I can vouch for the fact that those gaskets are a real pain to replace by taking the turbo off. Do-able, but don't expect it to be an easy job!

splatt
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 21:04
The manifold also has a flexi coupling to which the downpipe attaches if I remember right (I am a bit old now so I might be wrong..).
This is part of the manifold and NOT available seperately so new manifold if this is the culprit....(trust me...I know....) Volvo want 250 for one of theese if I remember rightly. :(

Al115
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 21:19
D'oh I should read posts more carefully, this is a NA car!

So should you, Spesh! :)

Think we both have a hard time thinking of 850s without turbos stuck on them!