PDA

View Full Version : Heater Control panel removal - 2005 V70

jdavis
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 12:09
Could someone give me an idea how to get this out, need to check connection at the back of the unit as it's playing up at the minute.
thanks in advance

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 12:11
you start at the bottom of the console and work your way up .

whatever you do, dont turn the ignition on with anything unplugged- you will get loads of faults stored and warning lights .

M-R-P
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 12:20
By playing up, do you mean not working right and theres a flashing light in the front?

If so, get a strong vacuum cleaner and give the little vent on the front a good seeing-to.

jdavis
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 12:52
you may remember a video i posted a while back of the module flashing every now and again.

http://youtu.be/s0wLvLA2BZE
well it's happening more 'now' than 'again' nowadays.
Tried cleaning the cabin air temp sensor which appeared to cure it but it didn't. Tried the Check DTC trick whilst it was flashing and it showed 'CCM not checked' which i'm assuming means it can't communicate to the module.
Just want to check the module for piece of mind.
Volvo say it's faulty, just waiting for the price of a replacement. look on fleebay for second hand ones to try and swap but i believe 2004- are canbus?? so would need software? also, not seen one with the same specifications, it has: FourC, folding Mirrors, DSTC, Alarm sensors, Parking Sensors

jdavis
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 12:53
Found this video -
http://youtu.be/XIorgtnduT8 - but it seems specific to the 2000-2004 (my dads has the spaceball)

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 13:49
all of the p2 cars are canbus - s60/S80/v70 .

in 1999 on the s80 the system was way ahead of everybody else.
wiring loom on a ph1 v70 80kg, wiring loom on s80 30kg i believe.

M-R-P
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 14:40
Aaaah, I wasn't sure if it was you last time lol.

You can try unplugging it for a while, sometimes it can sort minor faults.

T5REU
Saturday 10th August 2013, 19:03
U sorted this out now mate?

jdavis
Saturday 10th August 2013, 23:10
No. Will have access to a dice soon so going to plug it in and see exactly what it says