PDA

View Full Version : V70r 2005 project

V70.R
Sunday 21st July 2013, 13:01
Hello everyone this is my V70R project.

ok as we speek she is at volvo for belt changes and cam shaft pullys, and tyres ( which are very good value coming from a main dealer )

My list is as follows

Main life service (belts , all oils , cooling system, and filters ) DONE :)
New tyres x4 DONE :)
New gear knob
New steering wheel
Full leather refurb
New brakes all round (volvo parts) DONE :)
New back box
Park assist problem
Part Body re paint
Orange interior ??????? mmmmmmmm :)

Will keep you up dated with my progress :)

V70.R
Sunday 21st July 2013, 13:02
Oh and car is at volvo and will be picking her up next week so will report when home :)

iancho
Sunday 21st July 2013, 18:30
That's just the start... If your on here long enough the Tuning and Modding will become part of your life and VPC will of claimed another Scalp! :smile:

V70.R
Sunday 21st July 2013, 18:43
Lol I know, need to make best pal with mr nationwide lol

V70.R
Tuesday 23rd July 2013, 21:02
Ok should only be few more days and 'R' should be back from volvo :) will keep you all posted

stribo
Tuesday 23rd July 2013, 21:25
The Atacama interior really suits black just look at LeeT5s. We have a black S60R with Atacama, and love it.

V70.R
Wednesday 24th July 2013, 11:16
You do, do you lol. Wow your lucky i would love mine to have that as every time iv looked for an R non have the orange and so as i buy one, oh look they all come out the wood work lol

V70.R
Friday 26th July 2013, 12:54
Well the 'R' has returned from volvo today and was very pleased to see it back, I had a V60 D2 as a loan car and well mmmmmmm lol, so jobs have been done like brakes and timing belt and new can shaft pullys and vvt has been all reset and working well, also have 12 months road side assist free from volvo which was nice,

So with most of the mechanical stuff done now I will be turning my attention to the inside as under the bonnet is pretty much done,

So it looks like I'm going to re trim some of the blue leather as some is warn and damaged or go for the orange, will see what comes on eBay and a phone call to my volvo parts man is in order,

The last job after all this is going to be the body work (big job to make mint) but its worth it to be.

V70.R
Saturday 27th July 2013, 14:28

Some pictures after she as come back from volvo, shame as black paint work shows up every little mark lol.

V70.R
Thursday 5th September 2013, 21:11
Ok still on the hunt for the orange but one v70 R I found being broken already had the interior spoken for :( so hunt goes on :)

Going to be ordering my new gear knob and steering wheel soon from a volvo
Dealer, as the ones on it are rather mucky and warn.

And the grinding noise from the front n/s was down to a loose drive shaft
Bolt which was sorted my doves volvo for me with no charge.

Going to be useing a black car polish this weekend to see if it gets the marks out of
The paint :)

AndysR
Wednesday 11th September 2013, 22:20
Looks smart that, are you really thinking of fitting an entire orange interior to it? Surely that's going to be a costly journey but in fairness against the black paintwork as a contrast I think that will look stunning :)

T5RatherAmusin
Friday 13th September 2013, 09:35
just to let you know-if your looking for the orange leathers, as yours is facelift 05+ theyd need to be from another 05+
which makes you search even harder. which is good really as the orange is ££££ing awful! ;)

stribo
Friday 13th September 2013, 10:23
just to let you know-if your looking for the orange leathers, as yours is facelift 05+ theyd need to be from another 05+
which makes you search even harder. which is good really as the orange is ££££ing awful! ;)

The atacama interior looks much better than a bright green exterior.:P

M-R-P
Friday 13th September 2013, 10:25

But you don't have to look at the exterior when you're driving it :)

martybelfastt5
Friday 13th September 2013, 12:21
thats a smart looking car how bad is your interior?

stribo
Friday 13th September 2013, 12:26
But you don't have to look at the exterior when you're driving it :)

So you can't see your bonnet from the drivers seat?

T5RatherAmusin
Friday 13th September 2013, 12:28

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a441/Ian_Armstrong/tumblr_mr6c7tbJQm1so18vqo1_5001_zpsaade3966.gif

M-R-P
Friday 13th September 2013, 12:37
So you can't see your bonnet from the drivers seat?

Barely with my seating position.

Better a small strip of green than hiding in Dale Winton's bum crack.

stribo
Friday 13th September 2013, 13:19
Barely with my seating position.

Better a small strip of green than hiding in Dale Winton's bum crack.

You must be laying down whilst driving then. I bet you'd love to be in Dale Wintons bum crack. ;)

M-R-P
Friday 13th September 2013, 13:43
You must be laying down whilst driving then. I bet you'd love to be in Dale Wintons bum crack. ;)

Clearly not as much as you :uglyhamme

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 13th September 2013, 13:46
i reserve the right to still be baffled by any attraction of the atacalma interior.