PDA

View Full Version : §§§§roen c5 dpf removal

graemewelch
Saturday 20th July 2013, 20:33
im removing the dpf and cat from my 2.2 hdi c5. do i need to refit the sensor and pipes into the bypss or can i cut these. the dpf file is being deleted from ecu when its remaped

nobananas
Saturday 20th July 2013, 23:22
As far as I know if you are deleting the dpf in the ECU software then it shouldn't matter if the sensors for the pressure differential are removed or not as it will no longer be taking reading from them. May be worth you having the egr function deleted too and blanking it off. Out of interest who's doing your remap ?. I'm thinking of having one done on the missus C4 1.6 hdi and having the egr deleted as I think it's causing flat spots that have been driving me mad over the last week driving it on holiday in the Lakes !

graemewelch
Saturday 20th July 2013, 23:33
hdi tuning. ill try and dig a link out for you. he only dose hdi's. wear do you blank it on the 2.2

graemewelch
Saturday 20th July 2013, 23:40
http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/

nobananas
Sunday 21st July 2013, 10:02
hdi tuning. ill try and dig a link out for you. he only dose hdi's. wear do you blank it on the 2.2

Not completely sure, think you can either blank off where the valve bolts on itself ( which I think is nailed down the back of the engine !) or you can cheat and blank off where the exhaust gases join the intake at the metal pipe.

graemewelch
Sunday 21st July 2013, 21:13
ive found out that i need to keep the egt sensor. you im going to need to find out what size the boss is.

nobananas
Monday 22nd July 2013, 08:38
ive found out that i need to keep the egt sensor. you im going to need to find out what size the boss is.

Ah, I was only thinking of the pressure differential pipes, forgot about the egt sensor. Are you chopping the cat and dpf out and putting in a pipe or buying in a pre-made one ? Assumably if you are getting the dpf deleted it will also delete the regeneration function and the additive function (I assume yours has an slots tank).

graemewelch
Monday 22nd July 2013, 13:48
im chopping it out and putting pipe in. i think it has a tank so ill be disconecting the pipes from there.

nobananas
Tuesday 23rd July 2013, 20:33
Probably wouldn't worry too much about disconnecting the eloys tank pipework as it only injects into the main fuel tank. As long as the systems disabled and doesn't inject the fluid when you fill up you'll be fine. If you do pull the eloys tank take care with any fluid left in it, it's very nasty stuff even stains your skin and I think you've been in hospital enough !

graemewelch
Tuesday 23rd July 2013, 20:44
ill leave well alone then. im getting out tomora. dont want to come back ever