PDA

View Full Version : Bought the wrong spark plugs, but will they be OK?

Gold 'N' Brown
Thursday 18th July 2013, 21:17
I've bought the wrong plugs for my 2000 V70 T5 (B5234 T3). I stupidly bought part 30751806, which is listed on the packet as S40/S50/S80 MY07> for B5254T3 and T6, but looking on PFS it's for the S60R and V70R too.

I know it's probably a stupid question, but will these actually work in a 2.3 T5?

I'm just trying to avoid having to return them as by the time I've paid for return postage and ordered new ones I've basically wasted nearly £10. Plus I'm at the mercy of Volvopartshop showing good will, as I bought these 11 months ago :redface:

Redbrick
Thursday 18th July 2013, 21:38
They are a different length so incorrect for your application.

stribo
Thursday 18th July 2013, 21:43
I've bought the wrong plugs for my 2000 V70 T5 (B5234 T3). I stupidly bought part 30751806, which is listed on the packet as S40/S50/S80 MY07> for B5254T3 and T6, but looking on PFS it's for the S60R and V70R too.

I know it's probably a stupid question, but will these actually work in a 2.3 T5?

I'm just trying to avoid having to return them as by the time I've paid for return postage and ordered new ones I've basically wasted nearly £10. Plus I'm at the mercy of Volvopartshop showing good will, as I bought these 11 months ago :redface:

They are a different length so incorrect for your application.

Put them up for sale on here, you may recoup your money.

Dream3r
Thursday 18th July 2013, 22:03
I'm looking for some actually, I think if, I have any money left this month.

Gold 'N' Brown
Thursday 18th July 2013, 22:12
I'll see what Volvopartshop say about possibly swapping them. If I put them up for sale I'm sure someone will expect a bargain rather than paying full price even though they're still sealed in the packet, leaving me further out of pocket.

volvokid
Thursday 18th July 2013, 22:17
I'll see what Volvopartshop say about possibly swapping them. If I put them up for sale I'm sure someone will expect a bargain rather than paying full price even though they're still sealed in the packet, leaving me further out of pocket.

I wouldnt think so. if they do they are daft lol

Dream3r
Friday 19th July 2013, 07:34

Well I'd be surprised if anyone would give you the full wick to be honest mate. Like I said i need plugs so will take them off you if they're up for sale.

I'd be astonished if they take them back.

Gold 'N' Brown
Friday 19th July 2013, 10:47
Yeah, no harm in asking though really. It'd show good customer service if they were willing to swap (they are in fully re-saleable condition after all, and I'm not expecting them to post the replacements for free), and I may order some extra bits from them if they help me out.

Inc VAT, they cost me ~£49, so I'd probably put them up for sale on here for £49 posted. If I can get a replacement set cheaper from Rufe, I'll price match these when I come to sell them, so all I'll be losing out on is the postage.