PDA

View Full Version : S60 D5 "Limp Mode" the saga continues

Liddo
Thursday 18th July 2013, 18:56
OK, this is for you poor sods who are the same position as me.

My D5 say "Engine Service Required" and goes into limp mode as soon as you boot the car, or put it under load. I've read loads of posts from other "poor sods" and Ive taken some tips.

1, I had the car serviced and the fuel filter replaced, it didnt cure the problem

2, I replaced the "fresh air hose" to the turbo, as these tend to collapse and cause the issue. I replaced it tonight, even though the old one looked ok, but.........still the same issue.

3, Took the MAF sensor out, cleaned that, took the turbo boost controller off and cleaned it, although it looked clean, and also took off and blew out the boost solenoid attached the the air filter housing, and checked all the boost pipes and front and rear engine mounts, all seem fine and....................I've still got the error :mad:

No, Ive not got my codes read......YET, but it looks as though im going to have to.

What else can it be?? Stuck VNT is my bet now :(

One thing to note, is that after cleaning the MAF, which was dirty, i still got the fault, so i pulled over, and switched off, and pulled out the connection to the MAF. Weirdly, I got the same issue, same error and same symptoms, although this was from start up. Could it be the MAF i now think????

I just want my car sorted, its DOING my head in :(

p fandango
Thursday 18th July 2013, 19:43
you really will be guessing at anything without getting the codes read. Mine goes into limp-home if i boot it from cold, but don't get any messages come up

Liddo
Thursday 18th July 2013, 20:00
Gotta feeling it'll be ECM-6805 or something like that, and that could be one of a few things :(

Harvey
Thursday 18th July 2013, 20:09
Is the intercooler dry and oil free,and looks straight ?.

Liddo
Thursday 18th July 2013, 21:21
Yes mate, all clear, and no signs of black smoke!

stephenevans99
Thursday 18th July 2013, 22:37
Front engine mount ?? these are pressurised - could it be split? try pulling and blanking off the vac line to see if it makes any difference. It's only a guess but worth a try.

Liddo
Friday 19th July 2013, 08:08
Cheers Steve, I done a visual on both front and back and they look ok, but i'll give it a go ;)

graemewelch
Friday 19th July 2013, 08:59
get codes read and go from there. could be faulty egr. inj leaking to much fuel back causeing low pressure or maybe a sensor. if its sticky vains thats a easy fix. ive stripped a few vnt turbos and cleaned

Liddo
Friday 19th July 2013, 10:42
get codes read and go from there. could be faulty egr. inj leaking to much fuel back causeing low pressure or maybe a sensor. if its sticky vains thats a easy fix. ive stripped a few vnt turbos and cleaned

Wanna do mine :D Wonder how much that'd cost???

graemewelch
Friday 19th July 2013, 10:55
i would if was fit n well. it realy isnt hard though.

mike 850
Friday 19th July 2013, 11:43
I had this previously and went through everything including changing the turbo, ended up being a blocked cat, good luck, only gave me a boost code so it was a process of elimination.

Liddo
Friday 19th July 2013, 14:45
i would if was fit n well. it realy isnt hard though.

Ohhhh come onnnnn! Its merely a flesh wound! :D

Seriously though, hope it gets better soon, looked awful on your post!

V70 Graham
Friday 19th July 2013, 15:01
Ohhhh come onnnnn! Its merely a flesh wound! :D

That's Northerners for you, stubbed toe and he's laid up in hospital lol

V70 Graham
Friday 19th July 2013, 15:02
Come to think of it the heading of this thread must be winding you up Graeme !

graemewelch
Friday 19th July 2013, 16:40
what can i say. im a 6ft 4" softy

V70 Graham
Friday 19th July 2013, 16:41
what can i say. im a 6ft 4" softy

Ahhh, you know I'm only pulling your leg......I'll get my coat !

graemewelch
Friday 19th July 2013, 16:44
Ahhh, you know I'm only pulling your leg......I'll get my coat !

just when i thought id heard them all.

DonL
Saturday 20th July 2013, 02:02
Hi

I have had a similar problem on my C30 D5.

It turns out there was too much oil in it, there was a recall on my model in 2008 where they fitted a small black sticker at the front of the engine bay showing oil should only be two thirds full at most.

I know the engine is not exactly the same but may be worth a try took the light off on mine straight away.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Don