PDA

View Full Version : V70R MAF sensor

Pauld
Thursday 18th July 2013, 13:21
Hi all,

My MAF is playing up, and I guess a replacement is on the cards (for a 2004/5 R)

So I can get a Bosch for £140 - £230 ( not confident that the £140 one is genuine but I have en email confirming it is)

or a Pierburg sensor on its own for £110.

Has anyone any experience of a Pierburg sensor?

The supplier, Emissions Controls says that they are a quality product used by Volvo, BMW, Audi etc....

Any suggestions gratefully received

regards

graemewelch
Thursday 18th July 2013, 13:24
get the pierburg one. around 100 from europarts and comes with 2 yr warranty

silverhorse
Thursday 18th July 2013, 13:57
Just bought a Bosch MAF for my 2005 V70 T5 from HERE (http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/)

Cheapest I could find anywhere and really good service. Mine not shown on their site but they found it for me. (£201 I paid plus post)
I saw those £140 ones. They ain't genuine Bosch. If you have to ask cos its not in the ad, they ain't Bosch.

Also, if you have a Bosch one on already, replace it like for like. More money, but worth it.

I also toyed with idea of getting one of those cheapies of Fleabay, but too many people said it is a false economy as they are absolute §§§§e.

Biff
Thursday 18th July 2013, 16:40
Buy genuine pal, I had same issues with none gen parts. In the end it was £196 for mine but worth every Penny after as it was a fault I bought the car with. It's worth buying as its not likely to go again for a while. Mines a ph1 though & I would listen to Graeme. Not sure if pierberg are a gen company but they're quality is second to none seeing as they make parts for toyota.