PDA

View Full Version : 850 rear suspension

inde_house
Monday 15th July 2013, 16:39
I have recently had loweing springs fitted. On the rear spring there is a cup that keeps the spring in place.

The bolts thay go through these keep breaking. Volvo dont sell the bolt on its own. U have to buy the bolt with the cup and nut seperate.

What size are these bolts. We gunna try high tension ones to see if they dont break.

Or any recommendations would be appreciated.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 16th July 2013, 13:48
have you had nivomat but removed it now? they are 2 different part numbers for these . i'm not sure if this would effect it as i havent heard of this happening before.

merc85
Tuesday 16th July 2013, 16:40
I have recently had loweing springs fitted. On the rear spring there is a cup that keeps the spring in place.

The bolts thay go through these keep breaking. Volvo dont sell the bolt on its own. U have to buy the bolt with the cup and nut seperate.

What size are these bolts. We gunna try high tension ones to see if they dont break.

Or any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have a couple of these if you like

inde_house
Tuesday 16th July 2013, 17:28
Hello. Thanks for the replies.

The car has not had the nivomats removed. Just normal shocks then and now

I was speaking to jamest5r whos kit it was before I bought it. He reckons the the spring aint seated exactly as it should be. And thats possibly why the bolt is breaking. It is the nsr that is the problem. James advised me to mirror the way that the osr spring is. And also as the cups are 18 years old I have ordered a pair from volvo. Just to renew tgem all anf to correct the problem