PDA

View Full Version : New grill fitted

BlackBeast
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 13:38
Before:- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/Volvo/DSC00382.jpg

and After:- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/blackbeast/Volvo/DSC00412.jpg

Before anyone says it, yes i have to relocate the horns :troutslap and i have to cut the numplate to size as the sides stick out too much.

What does everyone think? :D

pikeajm
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 13:39
looks good that one of my next mods

fraz13
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 18:47
I just got a grill like that off Grumpybob today

Looks good but a fitted my slash as a think it looks plain without, also fitted an "R" badge too :D

Horns are my job for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Andrew
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 19:12
I just got a grill like that off Grumpybob today

Looks good but a fitted my slash as a think it looks plain without, also fitted an "R" badge too :D

Horns are my job for tomorrow :rolleyes:

I agree I think it needs the slash.

Aiken
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 19:27
Fraz, any piccies of your new grill with the volvo slash?

The Flying Banana
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 19:46
Horns!! Every night i dream about buying bits and pieces of cars all over the place and when i wake up in the morning all I have is the horn!!!!!!

BlackBeast
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 20:25
The reason why i bought the grill in the first place was to get rid of the slash otherwise i would have just painted the standard grill black.

@ Flying Banana, i know i know, the horns will be relocated very soon but at least i painted the silver bar, at the same time il dremel the plastic surround that sits in the middle of the rads.

fraz13
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 21:14
Fraz, any piccies of your new grill with the volvo slash?
Tomorrow mate when its light and the horns are moved ;)

jim.covers
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 23:32
[QUOTE=BlackBeast]The reason why i bought the grill in the first place was to get rid of the slash otherwise i would have just painted the standard grill black.QUOTE]

Blackbeast looks cool m8. I too prefer the Slashless look.

siamblue
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 00:25
Nice work mate what's next on the to do list?

BlackBeast
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 00:28
Nice work mate what's next on the to do list?

Off to buy a strut brace tomorrow if i can find out what these part numbers are, see my other thread

M44K TS
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 02:02
grille looks good, is it colour coded aswell?

oh and moving the horns is a 5 minute job and makes the front end look a whole load cleaner straight on

BlackBeast
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 02:15
grille looks good, is it colour coded aswell?

oh and moving the horns is a 5 minute job and makes the front end look a whole load cleaner straight on

Yep, the surround is colour coded and the mesh itself is black. I took it to a paintshop/bodyshop to get it done as to my experience diy-ing it with spray cans, you never get a true colour match.

Will take some pics of the car as a whole and not just concentrating on the grill, makes the car look hell of a lot more aggressive, which is what i wanted.

Yeah ive saved the horn relocation thread already, it was on my to do list even if i hadnt changed grills.

BlackBeast
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 23:55
Bought a genuine Volvo strut brace today for £40, will be fitting it tomorrow :)