PDA

View Full Version : Engine System Service Required

DonL
Sunday 14th July 2013, 19:02
Hi All,

Just new to the forum and was posting about how good my car has been now I'm getting the above on my dash when I start the car doesn't seam to go away.

Everything feels ok maybe very slight lack of power though this could be psychological.

It's a 57 plate C30 D5 only 66000 on the clock and was serviced last week only done 250 miles since.

Any ideas or am I as well going back to the garage?

Thanks in advance

Harvey
Sunday 14th July 2013, 19:16
Take it back to the garage to get the codes downloaded,or have you got your own reader.
Just a though have a look on the dip stick engine oil level I am sure it should not be filled to the max,it should be 10 mm below the max line ,do you have a sticker near the oil filler.
There is a lot of info about this problem. Google it.

DonL
Sunday 14th July 2013, 22:29
Hi Harvey,

Thanks for the reply it does seam my oil is about the MAX level after service.

First time I've ever had a Volvo served at a non dealer.

Maybe this is a lesson.

Going back to the garage tomorrow don't fancy doing myself.

Slrmoco
Sunday 14th July 2013, 22:54
With that mileage it might be your Dpf pig fat tank running low if you have dpf of course
Like Harvey said get it plug on Vida dice and they will know

DonL
Sunday 14th July 2013, 23:39
Thanks Slrmoco,

Going to the garage in the morning only 10 miles away I take it that will be ok on the engine?

Harvey
Monday 15th July 2013, 22:46
Any new,hope it was just something silly.

DonL
Monday 15th July 2013, 22:55
Today is a bank holiday in Glasgow area so garage shut totally forgot.

I know the garage owner used to work with him, spoke to him tonight taking it down tomorrow morning hope its that simple.

Do you use Volvo main dealers for service?

Harvey
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:02
Today is a bank holiday in Glasgow area so garage shut totally forgot.

I know the garage owner used to work with him, spoke to him tonight taking it down tomorrow morning hope its that simple.

Do you use Volvo main dealers for service?

I take mine in once a year to them,software update free,and 12 months free road side cover.so it makes the main dealer price about the same as most garages.

DonL
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:10
I've just had bad experience with the dealers over the last 6 or so years my local Volvo don't seam to be too great. But my other cars were within warranty so always went back to them.

As this one is older took it to a garage my girlfriend and brother have both used (brother has an S40 t5) and have always been fine.

Charged me 500 quid for 6 year service and new pads all round wonder what Volvo would have charged.

Car feels a lot better now right enough.

Harvey
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:13
When I take my car in they are told just a service no other jobs to be done just list them for me to get done.

DonL
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:17
Do you fix them yourself?

I have recently moved and have no space or equipment to work on it myself. Used to do most things myself but now shy away from it incase I break a sensor that costs a fortune to sort.

Have you done much with audio?

Harvey
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:25
Do you fix them yourself?

I have recently moved and have no space or equipment to work on it myself. Used to do most things myself but now shy away from it incase I break a sensor that costs a fortune to sort.

Have you done much with audio?

The only thing I have done was fit a iPod link to the head unit which works throught the canbus system.

Not too many choices with the factory systems but they sound great for stock.

DonL
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:32
Mine has the premium audio with the dynaudio Dolby system in it I think there is an Alpine amp somewhere as well.

Probably the best standard sound in a car but just have a sub and amp from a few cars ago and wanted to give it a go.

Harvey
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:34
Mine has the premium audio with the dynaudio Dolby system in it I think there is an Alpine amp somewhere as well.

Probably the best standard sound in a car but just have a sub and amp from a few cars ago and wanted to give it a go.

Stick them up for sale, not easy to get them to work well in a stock set up.

DonL
Monday 15th July 2013, 23:42
True, I took my last C30 to see about getting an install done had a bit of money to burn at the time and after a 4 hour demo/design he quoted me about 5k. Of course that was everything including full soundproofing. I've never laughed so much at a quote!

Ye good idea grow up and get rid.

DonL
Tuesday 16th July 2013, 17:21
Problem solved solved!

Garage were very apologetic didn't notice the sticker, to be fair it's not that obvious. Emptied the oil and refilled to new level seam ok now no light anyways.

Thanks for your advice much appreciated!