PDA

View Full Version : are these the right injectors for a t5

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:11
whilst i have been giving "vinny" a makeover i decided to have a play in the engine bay as well.............when i removed the fuel rail i decided to get the injectors cleaned...................to cut a long story short i was told " those green injectors are too big for your car "............are they right or are they just trying to rip me off and sell me a new set

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q634/angliamania/WP_000434_zps8230ab97.jpg (http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/angliamania/media/WP_000434_zps8230ab97.jpg.html)

any help greatly appreciated
ps if they are wrong...............which colour do i need?................

p fandango
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:15
yep oranges are standard in 850 T-5's, but you can go upto greens depending what mods you've done

claymore
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:16
you dont need greens unless you're well north of 300bhp

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:18
yep

thanks pedro....................but could you be a bit more specific...............yep they are too big?...............yep they are ripping me off?...............yep they are ok for my car?...................thanks

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:20
Whites or blues will be fine with a remap. Those orange ones seem to be the same spec as the skinny oranges - 315 cc and have 14.5 ohm impedance.
link (http://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php)

Nealevo
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:20
They look like standard orange inj to me, perfectly capable upto 260/270 Bhp I was told

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:21
you dont need greens unless you're well north of 300bhp

these have been in my car since i've owned it.....................could that result in the crap fuel consumption ? ..................what colour do i need?
forgot to add car is a T5 auto with homemade rip kit, 304 remap, and will soon be getting a 16T.................other than that its stock

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:21
Oranges made mine run lean with less than 250 bhp :( (they were sh@gged tho)

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:23
How come your first post says "those green injectors..." and you have a pic of some orange ones?

:confused:

claymore
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:24
you would probably be better off with either whites or blues.

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:25
Whites or blues will be fine with a remap. Those orange ones seem to be the same spec as the skinny oranges - 315 cc and have 14.5 ohm impedance.
link (http://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php)

thanks for reply martin but it went straight over my head.........................forgive my ignorance but arre they ok or not...............

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:27
How come your first post says "those green injectors..." and you have a pic of some orange ones?

:confused:

because i'm colour blind and don't know any different..........................thats what the guy at FIES told me

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:30
thanks for reply martin but it went straight over my head.........................forgive my ignorance but arre they ok or not...............
Best not risk it with the mods you have. Whites or blues will be better mate.

because i'm colour blind and don't know any different..........................thats what the guy at FIES told me
Seriously? He was taking the p155 or he's colour blind two lol. (I hope he's not an auto - spark too lol).
That's an orange - top in the pic mate and isn't really suitable for your mods - most likely make it run lean.

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:35
thanks guys for your help.........................whats the difference between whites and blues ?..................which is best or does it make no difference

hybriduno
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:37
im running oranges + gt28 turbo + ard map

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:37
Whites are better suited to your car, blues have a different reaction time and are suited to the higher fuel pressure of the ME7 engines. They'll flow the same in your car but the blues will open faster.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:39
whites and blues are basically the same from what ive been told but the blues run better with higher fuel pressure ;)

I was too slow lol yeah what martin said ;)

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:40
whites and blues are basically the same from what ive been told but the blues run better with higher fuel pressure ;)

I was too slow lol yeah what martin said ;)

I'm on form tonight mate ;)

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:42
you must of been sitting there waiting for that question lol im always hesitant with giving advise anyway,seeing as im still a rookie ;)

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:43
many thanks all....................it looks like a trip to the breakers for me then

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:46
many thanks all....................it looks like a trip to the breakers for me then

oooooh let me know if they have a drivers front window regulator please :D mines bent so the window goes up wonky :(

t5steve
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:50
oooooh let me know if they have a drivers front window regulator please :D mines bent so the window goes up wonky :(

ok mate will probably go next week so will let you know

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 22:54
you must of been sitting there waiting for that question lol im always hesitant with giving advise anyway,seeing as im still a rookie ;)

What you on about? You've been a member as long as I have and you've done more mods to your car :D

Get stuck - in and if your wrong, put your hands up and let them all shoot you down in flames... makes for an eventful day lol;)

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 3rd July 2013, 23:55
What you on about? You've been a member as long as I have and you've done more mods to your car :D

Get stuck - in and if your wrong, put your hands up and let them all shoot you down in flames... makes for an eventful day lol;)

hahahaha thats true,i don't think ive been on the receiving end of a backlash,im curious to know how it feels!! let me try this....................steve get rid of those injectors and replace them with pez dispensers that way youll get more of a "fiz" when they ignite,should up the bhp by at least 62% let me know how you get on mate ;)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 4th July 2013, 00:03
It's all about duty cycle. 100% duty means the injector is open all the time - no more fuel can be added to the mix. this is not a good situation because you don't want a situation where you need more fuel but can't provide it.

YOu don't want to get to a lean condition because things can get hot - really hot.

So you need to run the injector that suits the boost & fueling map you have. Ideally you never want to run more than 85% duty cycle on any injector. The spray pattern is also important but that's another story.

Kingsford G
Thursday 4th July 2013, 00:59
I`ve got a set of whites mate,kept as spare but if u need them I`ll sort them out.

p fandango
Thursday 4th July 2013, 06:12
im running oranges + gt28 turbo + ard map
i hope your joking. My oranges were running 99% injector duty with just a 19t@10psi

JT
Thursday 4th July 2013, 12:34
So does Steve need a remap, going from oranges to whites/ blues??

p fandango
Thursday 4th July 2013, 13:05
So does Steve need a remap, going from oranges to whites/ blues??
To get the most out of the extra fuelling yes, but depending how much the oranges were struggling & how much adaption the ecu has left he might get away with it

t5steve
Thursday 4th July 2013, 22:54
hahahaha thats true,i don't think ive been on the receiving end of a backlash,im curious to know how it feels!! let me try this....................steve get rid of those injectors and replace them with pez dispensers that way youll get more of a "fiz" when they ignite,should up the bhp by at least 62% let me know how you get on mate ;)

thanks lee.....................but is it safe to eat the sweets first.............or should i throw them in the fuel tank...................

theflyingbrick
Friday 5th July 2013, 17:57
thanks lee.....................but is it safe to eat the sweets first.............or should i throw them in the fuel tank...................

don't be ridiculous steve......................................of course you eat them first :D

t5steve
Friday 5th July 2013, 21:32
damn damn damn...................i was gonna put them in the tank...............thought they would be worth at least 10bhp per sweet (and i've just bought 10 packs of the damn things............i was up to 350bhp till you burst my bubble)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 5th July 2013, 23:48
I was running greens with my 19T - pushing 320bhp. I now have ASNU 650cc (they probably run a bit more on the 3.8 bar FPR).

The greens were only just marginal on the GTX3071R. You'll not be able to fuel 330bhp on those orange ones.