PDA

View Full Version : 2 dtc codes.

ROZER
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 20:26
I put the ppc reader on today and it found 2 faults ECM-9400, book says brake pedal position sensor and accelerator pedal [AP] pos sensor. also BCM 0103 = pedal position sensor . For the last few weeks I have been getting a strange noise Cumming from the passenger side under the bonnet sounds like a printer any ideas would be a big help seems like and spending all the time when will it end.

LeeT5
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 22:36
I put the ppc reader on today and it found 2 faults ECM-9400, book says brake pedal position sensor and accelerator pedal [AP] pos sensor. also BCM 0103 = pedal position sensor . For the last few weeks I have been getting a strange noise Cumming from the passenger side under the bonnet sounds like a printer any ideas would be a big help seems like and spending all the time when will it end.

Sounds like a printer?? I've heard that noise a few times!

Check your ABS ring on the front N/S drive shaft. Its quite a common failure. The rings crack and one portion of it springs out and strikes the ABS sensor. Easiest way is to jack the front n/s wheel slightly off the ground. Turn the steering full lock to the left. Then slowly rotate the wheel. Eventually it wrecks the ABS sensor and the symptoms are a rapid clicking noise when braking and erroneous ABS/Brake related faults.

ROZER
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 22:58
cheers lee for the input will I have to get a new drive shaft if the abs ring is bad.

LeeT5
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 23:21
cheers lee for the input will I have to get a new drive shaft if the abs ring is bad.

You can do it one of two ways. The ring costs about £20 from Volvo and is an absolute ar s e to fit because it has to be heated and then fitted to the shaft in exactly the right place before it cools down, otherwise it won't work properly.
The cheapest and easiest way is just to buy a new CV joint. It comes with the ring fitted and will 100% guarantee and future CV problems are cured. That's what i did. Cost is approx £70 for a CV and only 1 hour to fit.

Trust me, it's the better way to do it.