PDA

View Full Version : oil leak from dipstick and filler

mike 850
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 09:34
Does anyone know if running a bigger turbo can cause things like oil coming out of the dipstick, I have done my pcv, checked and no blockages. but under boost oil will start to come out the dipstick, didn't do this with the 15g only since the 19t! it doesnt force the dipstick out, I just get the smell of oil and can see it running down the dipstick tube, any ideas?

t5 pete
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 10:15
Crank case pressure obviously the larger turbo is putting more pressure on the engine when you did your breather system did you check all the ports were clear alot of people over look this

mike 850
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 11:27
I did check, I followed a guide a blew through all the ports and everything was very clear and clean, I have also ran a larger diameter hose to the intake so not sure

M-R-P
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 11:35
Have you checked the heater nipple that's on the intake that the braether hose connects to? if that's blocked it'll cause the same back-pressure as any other part of the pcv.

jamesy12345
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 11:41
Recirculation valve or idle control valve might be letting the higher pressure into PCV system? That can happen on the 480 turbos, not sure if it is applicable here