PDA

View Full Version : Towing with the v70 ?

v70tom
Sunday 30th June 2013, 06:31
Hi guys,
Here it comes the question.
I looked up on this parkers guide, and also other sides about towing with the v70.
The problem is, they all crap or/and to technical to actually get the answer for what
I am looking for.
Some sides say different as others

I want to upgrade our caravan and looking for a larger one.

Now according to my vehicle
Volvo v70 2.5 se fwd. first registration 1998 fitted with Towbar , Automatik.
It also has them rubber supports on the rear springs.

What is the maximum weight I can tow on a caravan?

I seen reports from people which towing twin axles caravans around 1850 to 2000 kg.
Apparently is no problem and can be done legally.

Others saying it can't.

Would anyone have the information according to volvo, or can anyone tell me where do I get this informations

The newer cars can't tow one of the twin axle ones, but I guess the old volvo a can, or I hope.

What I am looking for is the actually towing guide from volvo for my car, not the health and safety guide from the govt which makes life just harder and cost everybody's money just to save the world. Lol

I found one but it started with volvo from 2000 onwards. Seems they not interested in older vehicles.

And do I need for towing such a van a gearbox oil cooler or something like that on the car ?
( asking the questions I had to install a separate gearbox oil cooler on my v6 rover ( Honda engine ) auto box.) for towing.

I been on two dealerships about this question, and believe it or not, they could not help or did not want to help as they advised me
To buy a new car.

Thanks

Harvey
Sunday 30th June 2013, 08:03
I know it Boils down to the moving mass rules. Which are in the handbook ,and on the weight plate on the car.

Did find this
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=towing%20with%20a%20volvo%20v70%20maximum%20weig ht&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caravantalk.co.uk%2Fcommunity %2Ftopic%2F13107-volvo-v70-5-doors%2F&ei=i9bPUffAD6je4QS6oYCwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFlhL6HqBdAWnEOXKv0ChYc5RyBCg