PDA

View Full Version : Money well spent!

1112lewis
Friday 28th June 2013, 17:00
My v70r just passed its mot today with 1 advisory (CV boot), I put some money aside to put it right if needed, looks like i can do other things instead! Best £35 i have spent in a while!

M-R-P
Friday 28th June 2013, 17:13
Great news mate :)

cherry1809
Friday 28th June 2013, 17:19
My old mauve 850 was like that. I paid £300 for it and went through 2 with no advisories.

1112lewis
Friday 28th June 2013, 17:26
I paid a grand for mine but have been nervous about the mot and kept finding more faults with it the closer it got to today, funnily enough all the problems have gone away!

thewatsonsmouts
Friday 28th June 2013, 17:30
Glad err pass ok all good !!!!

claymore
Friday 28th June 2013, 18:47
nice one Mark

V70 Graham
Friday 28th June 2013, 22:14
Always glad when they pass with no problems.

MoleT-5R
Friday 28th June 2013, 22:38
as Colin said nice one, you've got a good one there, especially as I think it had been sat around a while before you got and I don't think it really did much mileage when the last owner had it, as it was always in the same place on the drive and never looked to have moved , when ever I passed

1112lewis
Saturday 29th June 2013, 07:36
cheers guys, its going for a trans flush in a couple weeks so I hopefully have nothing to worry about then, not sure what to do after that, I was hoping they would have said the exhaust is knackered!

1112lewis
Saturday 29th June 2013, 17:41
Today isn't so good, electrical failure light is on the dash but no feeling of anything wrong, strange. All i have done is clean the leather!

MoleT-5R
Saturday 29th June 2013, 20:26
Today isn't so good, electrical failure light is on the dash but no feeling of anything wrong, strange. All i have done is clean the leather!

get yourself a Elm bluetooth obd2 adaptor for approx £13-15 on the bay and download the torque app to your phone and you can read the codes and do other cool stuff too

thewatsonsmouts
Saturday 29th June 2013, 22:32
Try taking the battery off for a bit and see if it sorts itself out, fingers crossed

1112lewis
Sunday 30th June 2013, 08:48
get yourself a Elm bluetooth obd2 adaptor for approx £13-15 on the bay and download the torque app to your phone and you can read the codes and do other cool stuff too
Cheer for that, got one on order, will be interesting to see what it brings up as it started up fine this morning, must get an android phone now as my nokia doesn't have an app available.

Biff
Sunday 30th June 2013, 10:54

I take it this won't work with my 4.4 ecu? That sounds a load of fun. Lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 30th June 2013, 11:42
Cheer for that, got one on order, will be interesting to see what it brings up as it started up fine this morning, must get an android phone now as my nokia doesn't have an app available.

forgot to mention that, thought everybody other than me had a smartphone ( I just use the mrs's )

I take it this won't work with my 4.4 ecu? That sounds a load of fun. Lol

It seems to work on most things, but will be limited in what info you can get, I'll have a play today and see what I can get

1112lewis
Sunday 30th June 2013, 13:13
I sort of have a smart phone but it doesnt use the android system, its nokias own and you have to pay for most things on it! Apparently you can access more on p2's than you can on p1's. I borrowed one today and managed to get rid of the light on the dash, all lights are off now and stayed off!

MoleT-5R
Sunday 30th June 2013, 22:27
I sort of have a smart phone but it doesnt use the android system, its nokias own and you have to pay for most things on it! Apparently you can access more on p2's than you can on p1's. I borrowed one today and managed to get rid of the light on the dash, all lights are off now and stayed off!

good to hear that mate, don't like dash lights, only took 4 years for me to kill off the mil light thanks to vpc folks, next is tracs/abs, soldering iron is a coming out, it's amazing what you can overcome by reading and asking the right questions. So thanks everybody on here for all your posts, from them we all learn, good or bad and the easier it is to keep our pride and joys in good fettle

thewatsonsmouts
Monday 1st July 2013, 08:49
Have you tried changing the abs module ?

1112lewis
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 13:19
Just ordered a bluetooth device, 7.95 delivered! The light came back on, should be able to find what it is, i will take a note of the code this time!

thewatsonsmouts
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 16:01
you can look up the codes on google... anything to do with overboost? you said it was boosting properly now? what did you do?

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 18:30
Have you tried changing the abs module ?

as I would have to remove it to swap it, I might as well open up the box and have a poke about, dry joints seem to be a common fault, no biggy really

1112lewis
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 20:14
you can look up the codes on google... anything to do with overboost? you said it was boosting properly now? what did you do?

I adjusted the actuater until it felt more responsive, think its due a new one to be honest, comparing my actuater to another, mine is slack very bad, doesn't seem to be boost issues, doesn't drive any different either, should receive adapter by tomorrow or thursday and then i should know for sure. Though saying that, I have recently been running it on super juice and nothing else, but on the other hand i did go a bit mad with dash cleaner and it went everywhere!

1112lewis
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 20:17
as I would have to remove it to swap it, I might as well open up the box and have a poke about, dry joints seem to be a common fault, no biggy really

it would be a lot cheaper if the dry joints can be repaired! I've just had a go at doing the dry joints on an old module from my other v70, just got to try it out, if it works then i'll have a spare, if not then it will go in the bin perhaps!