PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Front Bumper

Tomcat
Thursday 20th October 2005, 19:32
Right guys,after a chat with Tim we have decided to gauge the interest in making some BTCC front bumpers for the 850.These will be made from a genuine BTCC front bumper, If you are interested can you let us know if you want the full front one or just the lower portion to add onto you existing bumper. Price will be aproximately £400 for the full bumper or £200 for the lower portion, a deposit will be required from anyone who wants one to cover the cost of materials and my time.

The Flying Banana
Thursday 20th October 2005, 19:41
Right guys,after a chat with Tim we have decided to gauge the interest in making some BTCC front bumpers for the 850.These will be made from a genuine BTCC front bumper, If you are interested can you let us know if you want the full front one or just the lower portion to add onto you existing bumper. Price will be aproximately £400 for the full bumper or £200 for the lower portion, a deposit will be required from anyone who wants one to cover the cost of materials and my time.

I am very excited now!!!!!!!!!

I cant vote for both but either suits me......

Tomcat
Thursday 20th October 2005, 20:12
Pick one we need an idea of numbers!

The Flying Banana
Thursday 20th October 2005, 20:18
Pick one we need an idea of numbers!

I have picked, was first to vote..wa sjust saying i would take either tho!!

Tomcat
Friday 21st October 2005, 20:23
is this it?, one?........

Lee-J-T5
Friday 21st October 2005, 20:47
I think its great what you guys are doing and would dearly love one of these, I even looked into finding something like it a year ago but now its out of my price range unfortunately

volvolised
Friday 21st October 2005, 21:01
:dunce: do you have any pics you could post of bumper and are they speed bump/every day use friendly, am interested and take it this is unpainted

Tomcat
Friday 21st October 2005, 22:07
Sorry should have done this earlier, check this thread for the photo's of said bumper to be cloned.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5087

fireclown
Friday 21st October 2005, 23:14
looks nice but a bit rich

Tomcat
Friday 21st October 2005, 23:17
What???, do you want me to make it for free?

fireclown
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 12:38
lol no m8 its me im just tight :remybussi

Tomcat
Monday 24th October 2005, 19:19
Well thats it guys, we've had almost no response at all so it looks like we wont be bothering with these. Appologies to you Flying banana but with only one order its just not worth the expense and time to make the mould.

Al115
Monday 24th October 2005, 19:39
Great, you can get on with my Evolve one now! LOL :remybussi

Tomcat
Monday 24th October 2005, 20:29
:insane: Don't worry I haven't forgoten, I've just been getting some other ones I had paid for finished off.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 09:54
Well thats it guys, we've had almost no response at all so it looks like we wont be bothering with these. Appologies to you Flying banana but with only one order its just not worth the expense and time to make the mould.

Cheers for trying Tomcat, I would have paid in a second for this....I will have to try and build one myself, got a friend that works with Fibreglass at the boatyard, maybe they can help!!! :bricks:

Craigk
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 11:23
i'd definetley be interested in the full bumper, looks well smart!!

Craig

d14vd_h
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 00:40
looks pehnomenal even better now that its crafted from the real thing,
these have to be made, igf i had an 850 id have one in a second too,
if there not being made VTS do a btcc lookalikey

monsterdark
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 13:48
Al155 have seen the mock up of the v70 one, its coming along slowly :remybussi ahh craig!!! but will look the dogs bo**ocks when complete
get ur orders in fast guys :B_steerin

Tomcat
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 17:25
Oh look its re appeared.......

Al115
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 17:56
I can't wait! I heard that there had been a few "private viewings" LOL :)

Lee-J-T5
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 18:48
I would like to register interest in a lower one after all, my angel says no you cant afford it but the devil tells me I need one! If they got made I really think I would have one.
Would the lower one be an add on to the T5 bumper like the original? The original touring cars appear to me to be a standard bumper with the lower part rivetted on.

monsterdark
Thursday 27th October 2005, 13:40
Now Now Mr Tomcat i know where u live remember :troutslap i will drive up to ur house & rev a certain vehicle at some god forsaken time till ur awake & the rest of the street. :haha:
so hows it going then on with the said items bell me :insane:

Tomcat
Thursday 27th October 2005, 17:55
The Lower part should be fitable to the standard bumper, if this goes ahead that is....

Tomcat
Thursday 27th October 2005, 17:56
Now Now Mr Tomcat i know where u live remember :troutslap i will drive up to ur house & rev a certain vehicle at some god forsaken time till ur awake & the rest of the street. :haha:
so hows it going then on with the said items bell me :insane:

Er what said items???.....

monsterdark
Thursday 27th October 2005, 22:18
Tonneau cover & rear spoiler, have alook in that car section on ebay that you like nice beast in there for you :remybussi

Lee-J-T5
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 17:54
The Lower part should be fitable to the standard bumper, if this goes ahead that is....

Well I'm still interested. Any news on the PM's? I think MrsMopp was last on the case but dont know about the outcome.

Tomcat
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 19:02
At the moment the original is for sale on Ebay, so unless somebody from here buys it I wont be making anything.....

Andrew
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 19:41
At the moment the original is for sale on Ebay, so unless somebody from here buys it I wont be making anything.....

Covcrew - Pedro seems to be the buyer at the moment.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 20:23
I think MrsMopp was last on the case but dont know about the outcome.

I was but my clutch is showing serious signs of giving up on me and I am waiting for my money tree to sprout new shoots before I could buy the bumper LOL (damn clutch!)

x

t5 stealth
Friday 25th November 2005, 22:21
that looks similar to whats on my volvo,
mine bolts to the underside of the bumper,
it has splitters on the side,
i dont think they split much on a ton & half of pig iron tho,
mine was about £80.00,
colour coded it myself,

Tomcat
Friday 25th November 2005, 23:58
:worthless

Well show us then!

Mrsmopp
Saturday 26th November 2005, 11:49
^^^^^ What he said!!!

LOL

x

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 26th November 2005, 16:05
mmmmmmm...I've seen that bumper make an appearance on some one elses car..... :shifty: maybe he'll enlighten us one day :shifty:

Mrsmopp
Saturday 26th November 2005, 19:35
mmmmmmm...I've seen that bumper make an appearance on some one elses car..... :shifty: maybe he'll enlighten us one day :shifty:

Yeah we know ;)

x

Andrew
Saturday 26th November 2005, 21:50
So who won it in the end ?

Tomcat
Saturday 26th November 2005, 23:46
So who won it in the end ?

Good point, we never did find out did we?. Can the new owner please stand up and be recognised!!

siamblue
Sunday 27th November 2005, 00:13
I know but i am not at liberty to say ;)

Mrsmopp
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:04
Covcrew won it, its no big secret LOL

x

siamblue
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:07
It looks gorgeous on his car too, when it is colour coded it will look the dogs,

Tomcat
Sunday 27th November 2005, 18:55
Its a shame if he's gone that route, could have made himself some cash and helped out some other members if he'd allowed it to be copied first.