PDA

View Full Version : 3" Downpipes for 850

Nealevo
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 14:09
Whilst i was in Torqueflow yesterday (http://www.torqueflow.co.uk) having my DP fettled, i got talking to the man who can and he is willing to use my car as a mule and fabricate some 3" downpipes to suit 850's, (with or without cats) now these will be straight flanged type as its all i have, but i'm sure he could easily make angle flange or if you have something else in mind he could accommodate, if yesterday is anything to go by the workmanship is top quality.

Prices to be announced but he is very reasonable and a few forum members have used him in the past, Midlands based so its easy from any direction.

graemewelch
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 14:28
pm sent mate. disapointed to be reading a thread like this. feel like im getting stabbed in back.

leet5r
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 14:29
i might be out of order here

but didn't greame do most of the work

Nealevo
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 15:14
Yes Graeme did the provisional work and as quite clearly stated in the thread I was happy with the workmanship, but due to the fact he lives miles and miles away and torque flow are practically on my doorstep it was easier to have it fettled by them, Graeme offered to rectify but I could not warrant getting my car to him and he use it to make it fit. Graeme's work was spot on but in his own word, it's no good if it doesn't fit, now as it was a prototype and he did it as a favour, I have never once bad mouthed or questioned his work, I was offered the opportunity to have my downpipe made to fit on the car, as I'd f00ked my old exhaust up whilst removing an trying go get it to fit I has no choice but to trailer my car to the garage with the instructions to make it fit.

The garage then offered to make them for selling purposes. Why shouldn't I oblige, we are clearly allowed to recommend garages for services and products which we are happy with, they just so happened to offer a service which may be beneficial to everyone.

I thought I was offering everyone a choice as there was a lot of interest, but clearly I was wrong.

leet5r
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 15:21
yes totally agree but greame stated that he feels stabbed in the back .
could have spoke to him 1st about recommending Torqueflow.
not trying to cause an argument by any means just a know greame and hes a good lad and has asked to sort the problem out , al even lend him my car to get the downpipes spot on and compare them with the fierrita downpipe

Nealevo
Sunday 23rd June 2013, 15:23
yes totally agree but greame stated that he feels stabbed in the back .
could have spoke to him 1st about recommending Torqueflow.
not trying to cause an argument by any means just a know greame and hes a good lad and has asked to sort the problem out , al even lend him my car to get the downpipes spot on and compare them with the fierrita downpipe

He's the one who sent me their (torqueflows) details.