PDA

View Full Version : mk2 rs focus turbo on t5 400?

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 20:41
getting board with the s60 power its become boring so after a bit more. im not wanting to spend a fortune so looking at a bolt on turbo. and fabrication of exhaust and intercooling piping isnt a issue. thinking mk2 rs turbo vxr injectors and a custom remap from shark performance. please feel free to shoot me down

p fandango
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 20:51
19t

nosh
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:00
shark lol....

graemewelch
from what ive read they dont like high boost. will there be much improvement over a kkk24.

graemewelch
shark lol....

???

p fandango
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:07
from what ive read they dont like high boost. will there be much improvement over a kkk24.
19t's are alot stronger for higher boost than kkk24's. Been told a 19t with a billet impeller & 11blade turbine wheel is good for 400bhp

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:14
19t's are alot stronger for higher boost than kkk24's. Been told a 19t with a billet impeller & 11blade turbine wheel is good for 400bhp

over a grand just for the turbo from owen developments though. focus unit will be much cheaper for me. i know chris had on fitted and said it felt better but im a little unsure. dont want to spend a small fortune just to gain 30-40 bhp. currently at 328 bhp and would like that to jump by 50 bhp with bags of torque

claymore
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:26
Focus turbo is part of the exhaust manifold, so I don't see how you will fit that, better off looking at Garrett.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:29
Yeah follow me LOL!

p fandango
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:29
over a grand just for the turbo from owen developments though. focus unit will be much cheaper for me. i know chris had on fitted and said it felt better but im a little unsure. dont want to spend a small fortune just to gain 30-40 bhp. currently at 328 bhp and would like that to jump by 50 bhp with bags of torque
i wouldn't touch one at there prices

LINK (http://www.ardideas.com/Billet-Aluminum-Compressor-Wheel--TD04HL--19T_c_116.html) & LINK (
http://www.ardideas.com/11-Blade-TD04-Turbine-wheel_p_161.html)

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:36
Focus turbo is part of the exhaust manifold, so I don't see how you will fit that, better off looking at Garrett.

it bolts on though dosnt it. i know it would mean custom down pipe and a few other bits but its worth remembering metal work is my game. ive also had a quick look at the gt route. possibily a 2871r. not sure if this would be big enough. or weather id need a gt30, ive seen these in australia for around £500 ish new. im sure i could get a mate to ship me one across

claymore
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:43
it bolts on though dosnt it. i know it would mean custom down pipe and a few other bits but its worth remembering metal work is my game. ive also had a quick look at the gt route. possibily a 2871r. not sure if this would be big enough. or weather id need a gt30, ive seen these in australia for around £500 ish new. im sure i could get a mate to ship me one across
It's completely different:
http://j-w-racing.co.uk/shopimages/products/thumbnails/1575123.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:51
I should have said after having spent more than a few minutes talking to the ST owners at N. Weald. Fundamentally the turbo is fed from the otherside. Picture above reminded me.

Anyway Graeme - I thought you were selling up?

WOODY T5
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 21:52
Would love to get 400 out of my 19t?

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:04
I should have said after having spent more than a few minutes talking to the ST owners at N. Weald. Fundamentally the turbo is fed from the otherside. Picture above reminded me.

Anyway Graeme - I thought you were selling up?

i was but i just dont want to sell it. every time i put it up forsale its a half hearted effort. then julia the other half today said why dont we keep the volvo and ill just use the c5. knew id get my own way in the end. im looking at 9-12 months befor i emergrate im thinking if i can get a few more bhp from my motor and enjoy it for another 9 months then why not. i want to get into the 1/4 mile scene with yous fella and hopfully make a impact. my theory is ive got a good base to start with. ive got the 2.4 engine 3" down pipe and exhaust fmic. its lowered and brakes and suspension should be good for a little extra power.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:08
See you at Santa Pod on the 6th - You gotta start somewhere LOL. With 328 you're not gonna be that far off the pace.

Buy some decent tyres & we'll see you there.

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:11
im down london next weekend. was hoping to possibly get on the strip if a few were up for it. i did start a post but cant see any willing to go two weeks in a row.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:17
At N. Weald? Track is a bit of a waste of time IMHO. Better off jumping down the M1 a week later.

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:19
no santa pod. its not far off milton keynes? ve got a trade test a week tomora then two weeks later im off to turkey so bad timing. other wise i would of been there

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:22
SP is Northampton - so not quite that far South. 3 weeks after we're at Avon Park - Stratford upon Avon (M40 Jnc 15). Still think you need to put down a baseline before you get the cheque book out.

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:26
SP is Northampton - so not quite that far South. 3 weeks after we're at Avon Park - Stratford upon Avon (M40 Jnc 15). Still think you need to put down a baseline before you get the cheque book out.

ill do my best to try and make that one. i know once ive been down the strip once ill be hooked

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 22nd June 2013, 22:30
I'd come on the 29th but passes are limited. I know there would be objections if I tried to run 2 weeks in a row.