PDA

View Full Version : -40 springs

craigoodwood
Friday 21st June 2013, 17:05
so i've got some springs on their way to be fitted in the coming week, is there anything i need to know before i undertake the job? i guess the fronts are the usual macpherson strut? and did i read somewhere the rear springs are held with nut and bolt??
cheers :)

stribo
Friday 21st June 2013, 17:55
Check out my post on this thread, it's #25 for the rears:
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?50894-How-to-fit-Lowering-springs-P2-T5/page2&highlight=lowering+v70

Yeah the fronts are MacPherson struts, just unhook the wiring from the strut, then undo the drop link, undo the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the hub, then the 3 in the engine bay that hold the upper mount, it'll drop straight out (though it's best to hold it and lower it out carefully ;) ).

craigoodwood
Friday 28th June 2013, 20:06
well i fitted these today, had a few unexpected hurdles ie locking key giving up and having to weld 2 19mm nuts on the bolts, finding the two big hub bolts on front in wrong way so couldn't get inpact gun on on the n/s, finding out the cups that hold the rear springs dont actually sit it the spring they sit on it and clamp it up, finding a strange crucifix nut under the top mount on the front shocks, finding out eibach -40's have writing right way up on backs and upsidedown on fronts.....
all in all though it took me bout 3hours and thats including the welded locking bolts and fittin tyres to my 17's before they went on, definately a lot firmer than standard but not as harsh as i expected just right:)
must also say thank you to my second family and friends Cyril Wilcox and sons http://www.cyrilwilcox.co.uk for the use of their ramp and tools :B_thumb:

stephenevans99
Friday 28th June 2013, 20:10
Any before & after pics?

stribo
Friday 28th June 2013, 20:17
:worthless

craigoodwood
Friday 28th June 2013, 20:35
there is but i'd not washed the car i've just washed it and am gonna go now for so wet, dusk pics :D