PDA

View Full Version : another blasting problem please help me :mad:

t5cookie
Sunday 16th June 2013, 03:23
Jus fitted an ntc switch (temp switch) today as it came up on the diagnostic reader but still having the holding back problem and its driving me crazy.
Drives fine when driven nicley but as soon as it hits boost it judders and doesent go anywhere, the boost gauge goes nearly all the way into the white which i cant understand aswell its really grating on me now as the engine has done 174k and puurrrs lovley on tickover and smooth when driven nicley jus need to sort this problem out, a
Any help would be appreciated.

stribo
Sunday 16th June 2013, 05:48
Sounds like the clutch is slipping, do the revs rise without any increase in speed?

T5frankie
Sunday 16th June 2013, 07:01
sounds like leads mate

Immingham
Sunday 16th June 2013, 08:23
I'd say leads as well. :)

PHIL V70R
Sunday 16th June 2013, 09:29
sounds like a maff problem 2 me...any one near you with a good working one..

M-R-P
Sunday 16th June 2013, 09:40
Shrek's car did something similar, coughing under load. We changed the whole ignition system and fitted new injectors and it runs beautifully. My money's on your leads/dizzy/coil.

t5cookie
Sunday 16th June 2013, 09:43
Ive swapped the maff over but same problem but wen i unplug it and drive it it pulls with no hesitation but theres no grunt behind the pull

t5cookie
Sunday 16th June 2013, 09:44
Sounds like the clutch is slipping, do the revs rise without any increase in speed?

No its not clutch slip mate

shrekblackR
Sunday 16th June 2013, 13:26
As MRP said ignition mine goes like to wind now

james
Sunday 16th June 2013, 23:33
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be spark plugs, I was surprised at this because the plugs had only been in four to five months

t5cookie
Monday 17th June 2013, 00:11
What did you put in mate bosch coppers??

james
Monday 17th June 2013, 09:07
I've usually put genuine Volvo ones in but last time I tried denso platinums , I didn't think they would wear out so quick I disregarded the plugs and spent weeks faffing with intercooler pipes etc looking for leaks

james
Monday 17th June 2013, 09:14
A lot of people on here recommend genuine Volvo plugs plus they're only around £30 on fleabay,I think I paid around £40 for the denso platinums a d they didn't last as long as genuine Volvo ones, hope this helps

t5cookie
Monday 17th June 2013, 09:18
Yh this helps alot mate ive got denso plats now so thats my next port of call ill keep u posted

merc85
Monday 17th June 2013, 09:29
I sell Bosch plugs which a OE volvo plugs £28.50 inc vat a set

960kg
Monday 17th June 2013, 09:39
You know it makes sense........

Always fit VOLVO plugs made by Bosch to VOLVO specifications.

Don`t fit Bosch plugs as they cannot sell the Volvo spec. under the Bosch name ones because of copyright!

merc85
Monday 17th June 2013, 10:17
You know it makes sense........

Always fit VOLVO plugs made by Bosch to VOLVO specifications.

Don`t fit Bosch plugs as they cannot sell the Volvo spec. under the Bosch name ones because of copyright!

Absolute twaddle i'm afraid

james
Thursday 27th June 2013, 18:37
Yh this helps alot mate ive got denso plats now so thats my next port of call ill keep u posted

How'd you get on bud?

t5cookie
Thursday 27th June 2013, 19:46
Yh put new plugs in still the same but i figgered out if i run up to temp with the maf sensor plugged in then disconnect the plug wen its running and take it for a blast its runs faultless jus got check engine light on but as soon as i plug it back in it holds back,

theflyingbrick
Thursday 27th June 2013, 22:28
Yh put new plugs in still the same but i figgered out if i run up to temp with the maf sensor plugged in then disconnect the plug wen its running and take it for a blast its runs faultless jus got check engine light on but as soon as i plug it back in it holds back,

so you need a maf sensor then? let me know mate I got a spare knocking about somewhere and ill check it on mine to make sure it works ;)

t5cookie
Friday 28th June 2013, 08:36
so you need a maf sensor then? let me know mate I got a spare knocking about somewhere and ill check it on mine to make sure it works ;)

Well i changed it with another but still same might b a chance both are faulty mate