PDA

View Full Version : 940 steering wheel options?

deeman
Wednesday 12th June 2013, 11:41
I have decided that I do not really like my standard steering wheel much at all!Is it possible to fit a nicer aftermarket wheel?are there options available with an airbag?I am not too bothered if it has an airbag or not,but I don't want any dash lights on if it hasn't!are there any options available?

AndysR
Wednesday 12th June 2013, 20:46
Depending on style condition and cost I might be interested in your old steering wheel as the one in mine has started to disintegrate... I was wondering myself if the 850 steering wheel fits the 940.. Not sure though..

deeman
Wednesday 12th June 2013, 21:22
Depending on style condition and cost I might be interested in your old steering wheel as the one in mine has started to disintegrate... I was wondering myself if the 850 steering wheel fits the 940.. Not sure though..

§§§§ me mate,you could have the bloody thing if I end up fitting an aftermarket one!I didn't realise there were different styles.It's on a 98 torslanda and is grey and ugly with a dirty great airbag in the middle!Anyone else got any answers?no one got a sports wheel on a 940??

AndysR
Wednesday 12th June 2013, 22:09
Yeah that's the same style as the one in my 940, it's huge and cumbersome... like the car..lol that said it doesn't look out of place in the 80's designed interior so it's what I'd like to stick with ideally, being a Torslanda I'm guessing its not leather trimmed even on the '98 model? Not that it matters as the one in mine isn't either...

smithy
Thursday 13th June 2013, 02:44
Mine has half leather interior and has 16s rims from the factory

deeman
Monday 17th June 2013, 21:58
Yeah that's the same style as the one in my 940, it's huge and cumbersome... like the car..lol that said it doesn't look out of place in the 80's designed interior so it's what I'd like to stick with ideally, being a Torslanda I'm guessing its not leather trimmed even on the '98 model? Not that it matters as the one in mine isn't either...

Sorry,my mistake,it's actually black,but still ugly!and no not leather!has no one got an aftermarket whell fitted to a 940??