PDA

View Full Version : Rally Lights Citroen Saxo

Bazlanda
Sunday 9th June 2013, 17:30
Hi all, just wondering if anybody can help me? I'm trying to put rally lamps on a friends Citroen Saxo Forte 1.1 (year 2000). And I'm trying to wire it up them up to the main beam switch. If anybody knows where's it is or which cables to use it will be much appreciated. :)

stephenevans99
Sunday 9th June 2013, 17:34
Hi & Welcome.....good luck :)

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 9th June 2013, 17:44
Welcome to the forum!

Great first post and slightly in the wrong section LOL, you do know this is a Volvo related (but not limited to though) forum?

I'm not sure how much the members here know about Citroens, but hopefully someone will know something :)

Bazlanda
Sunday 9th June 2013, 17:55
Sorry kinda new to posting stuff and im a Volvo man through and through that's why im asking

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 9th June 2013, 18:03
Sorry kinda new to posting stuff and im a Volvo man through and through that's why im asking
Thats ok bud, everyone has to start somewhere. Pop a new Introduction thread up to say hello :) (and pop some pics up, we like pics)

T5frankie
Sunday 9th June 2013, 18:06
wire it up so it self destructs lol

JUDGENINJA
Of course you'll be taking a relay feed for these lights? If shouldn't be too hard to find the live wire for main beam, but I'd run a totally separate wire with fuse from the battery on a separate isolation switch.

Pinup_gal
Durr Bomb shall I move this to the right section... General technical ;)

Bazlanda
Sunday 9th June 2013, 18:45
T5frankie I like your idea lol

stribo
Sunday 9th June 2013, 18:48
Just wire them in to the main beam wires on the headlights, and uprate the fuse to 30A.

nobananas
Sunday 9th June 2013, 23:32
The correct way is to wire them through a simple 4 pin switching relay.
Run a feed for your relay direct from the battery through an in line fuseway.
Then locate the live feed that goes to your full beam lamp (either side, pick the one closest to the battery to keep wiring runs short) if it's a combined dipped beam/main beam headlamp bulb you will have 3 wires, one is an earth and the other two switch to live depending on what you've selected (use a test lamp or multimeter to find the correct live) a separate full beam lamp will just have an earth and live wire.
Tap into you main beam live wire using a scotchlock or similar and run this wire to your relay. Then run feed wire to your driving lamps and run this to your relay. The remaining pin on the relay should be connected to earth.
Most switch relays will have a legend on the side showing which pins to connect your wiring to but basically it will show a circuit with a switch, you connect the battery live and your driving lamps feed to either side of this and the other two pins have your power from the existing full beam and your earth connected to them.
Just hooking the lamps up directly to your main beams can overheat the wiring or switchgear.

M-R-P
Monday 10th June 2013, 09:30
I prefer Frankie's way :D

p fandango
Monday 10th June 2013, 09:50
I prefer Frankie's way :D
I think he's asking for ur neighbour lol

M-R-P
Monday 10th June 2013, 09:53
I think he's asking for ur neighbour lol

Can't be - he sold it, bought a MG ZT, blew it up and bought a Discovery which he's currently fitting a snorkel, 4" lift kit and bigger turbo to :)

p fandango
Monday 10th June 2013, 10:08
Can't be - he sold it, bought a MG ZT, blew it up and bought a Discovery which he's currently fitting a snorkel, 4" lift kit and bigger turbo to :)
Oh jez lol

Dangerous Dave
Monday 10th June 2013, 10:09
bought a Discovery which he's currently fitting a snorkel, 4" lift kit and bigger turbo to :)
Ah yes, faster and higher, one of the best combinations for corners :D

M-R-P
Monday 10th June 2013, 10:19
I offered to fit jockey wheels to his doors lol

hybriduno
Monday 10th June 2013, 18:50
I don't know anyone with a saxo :rally_dri: ;)

p fandango
Monday 10th June 2013, 18:56
I don't know anyone with a saxo :rally_dri: ;)
i've heard, your engine in the boot is actually fake & the cars still powered by the original 1.1 in the front lol

hybriduno
Monday 10th June 2013, 19:00
i've heard, your engine in the boot is actually fake & the cars still powered by the original 1.1 in the front lol
Yes im extremely good at Photoshop lol ;)