PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen Steaming up...

Dan H
Sunday 9th June 2013, 13:11
Hi, I don't know if its me being stupid or what, but whenever i put the heater controls on anything but cold, the front window seems to steam up and it wont de-mist :s anyone had any problems like this before?

Car is a 98 Pre ME7 v70 2.5T

Mongo
Sunday 9th June 2013, 13:16
Yes mate heater matrix shot mine was like that for about 3 years so annoying. Partsforvolvo will sort you out on here bot £40-£50 i think. Heres the ho to link: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=47045

deathrider311271
Sunday 9th June 2013, 13:26
yes as above heater matrix mate, did mine earlier this year as well as climate control swap at the same time

Dan H
Sunday 9th June 2013, 13:27
oh lovely! i thought it might be the heater matrix as the smell is horrible! hopefully get it sorted next month! hopefully it hasnt caused a huge leak in the footwell. its been stinking since i bought the car about 2 month ago

deathrider311271
Sunday 9th June 2013, 13:41
oh lovely! i thought it might be the heater matrix as the smell is horrible! hopefully get it sorted next month! hopefully it hasnt caused a huge leak in the footwell. its been stinking since i bought the car about 2 month ago

mine was like that for 2 years before it was so bad i couldnt drive the thing, in the end had to drive with windows down as the interior was full of steam lol

V70 Graham
Sunday 9th June 2013, 15:25
I haven't steamed the window up in a car for years.....

Tomcat
Sunday 9th June 2013, 15:34
I haven't steamed the window up in a car for years.....

Lmao... yeah but that's an unrelated thing isn't it?.