PDA

View Full Version : Fault Code 1623

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 17:57
Anyone know what fault code 1623 means? From my info the error description is ETS Light/MIL On.

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 19:23
Okay, ETS is Enhanced Traction System, a little further now, still not sure what MIL On is though.

volvotuning
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 19:27
ETS is Electronic Throttle System.

Adam.

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 19:31
Oh, that sounds bad then if it keeps reporting a problem... any clues of things to check?

MIL stands for Malfunction Indicator Lamp, which is On :wtf: which is the light itself.... jeez can you tell im good at this :pants:

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 19:54
Okay, now I know what it is, the search is very usefull on this forum.

Only problem is, I do not have any symptons at all, and the car has done about 2k with this error, if not more.

Gonna keep readin the forum for now, but feel free to chip in, its not the ETS light that's on, its the Engine Management Light, or does that mean there is a problem with the ETS light :)

Andrew
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 20:00
I didn't think there was a seperate ETS light. All general engine problems are usually indicated by the engine management light.

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 20:08
According to the manual on the C70 there is a ETS light to state if problem with ETS, so im glad this light aint on, but puzzled as to why the engine management light is complaining about ETS.

Andrew
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 20:12
According to the manual on the C70 there is a ETS light to state if problem with ETS, so im glad this light aint on, but puzzled as to why the engine management light is complaining about ETS.

Jump into the chat session - main menu bar - top right.

Aiken
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 21:04
Thanks Andrew, Adam and riedquat, that brainstorming session was very usefull!