PDA

View Full Version : v70 xc awd

fyldetowbars
Saturday 1st June 2013, 16:24
anyone know of any mods if any bar the norm to get my v70 xc along the road abit quicker ????

vaderboyo
Saturday 1st June 2013, 16:30
I nearly spent a pile of dosh modding my 2.4t AWD...then I saw the light and got a v70R.

It depends on how much power you want and how much you are willing to pay...stage 0 and chip would seem a good way forward.

I thought I would miss AWD - but in all honesty I dont.

Good luck

Tomcat
Saturday 1st June 2013, 17:55
You could always sell me the grill off it..I'm sure that would make it faster..well it'd make the grill faster because it'd be on the front of an R..

Sorry...:(

fyldetowbars
Saturday 1st June 2013, 21:47
had 850r and t5 and missed them badly but there all far to much money now as for the grill dont like these anyhow cheers

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 2nd June 2013, 12:39
A remap will make the world of difference as the standard map is quite reserved.

As yours is a T reg it might be the later ME7 ecu and not the earlier M4.4 ecu (which will make the remap price different) but you'd need to check which type you have before looking for mods for the engine.

thewatsonsmouts
Wednesday 26th June 2013, 21:31
I own a 1998 awd I have a full stainless 2.5 inch with race cat dual system 16t, rica remap, r wheels, samco hoses had the head polished and ported, and shes quicker than an r any day

T5frankie
Wednesday 26th June 2013, 21:38
I own a 1998 awd I have a full stainless 2.5 inch with race cat dual system 16t, rica remap, r wheels, samco hoses had the head polished and ported, and shes quicker than an r any day

aint quicker than my r

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 26th June 2013, 21:55

Hahah with your tiny 16t ..... are you sure? :saythat:

1112lewis
Thursday 27th June 2013, 16:52
It was quicker than my R a few weeks back, think i solved the low boost and pants acceleration from some advice from another member on here, It goes as it should now, goes well for an auto anyway!

T5frankie
Thursday 27th June 2013, 16:58
Hahah with your tiny 16t ..... are you sure? :saythat:

i'd be interested to see what a 300bhp awd will do on the 1/4 mile

1112lewis
Thursday 27th June 2013, 17:43
300bhp. . .quick, i would have thought!

T5frankie
Thursday 27th June 2013, 18:53
300bhp. . .quick, i would have thought!

better off the mark, but heavier

thewatsonsmouts
Friday 28th June 2013, 09:58
I feel a drag meet coming onn !!!!!! unless you've had yours mapped ma boi you can try

Biff
Friday 28th June 2013, 14:11

Challenge excepted. Give me time to get my awd sorted & you can race my r at Santa pod?
Frankie I'm not sure about the 300bhp but I'm aiming for 280ish & supposed to be picking up an awd system from Nottingham in a few weeks. I'll have a go on the quarter then I reckon.

thewatsonsmouts
Friday 28th June 2013, 18:02
Again mines going back into awd in the next couple of weeks got a new diff and trans just have get old spline linkage out of the old box, they should slide out souldnt they ? How much is an organised drag at santa pod ? will have some spare awd transmission bits then the lsd and crown looked in good con when I had the cover off. old transfer box is already off for spares and new one on also have a awd gearbox in the shed for bits if anyone needs one to recon

LiamT4
Friday 28th June 2013, 18:11
£10 admission and £25 to race.

T5frankie
Friday 28th June 2013, 18:12
lol at the broken awd systems, santa pod is a tenner to get in and 25 quid for unlimited runs

liam beat me

LiamT4
Friday 28th June 2013, 18:16
lol at the broken awd systems

Thats why, as much as i love them, i couldn't get a lazer v70r. AWD doesn't seem to be very strong on volvos.

Dan H
Saturday 29th June 2013, 01:25
My AWD works fine :D

I've been looking into a bit more power, just got myself a 15g turbo which needs rebuilding, then i will be after a 2/12 inch Turbo back exhaust and then hopefully get a remap sorted :) i'll be happy with around 240bhp

T5frankie
Saturday 29th June 2013, 09:55
Challenge excepted. Give me time to get my awd sorted & you can race my r at Santa pod?
Frankie I'm not sure about the 300bhp but I'm aiming for 280ish & supposed to be picking up an awd system from Nottingham in a few weeks. I'll have a go on the quarter then I reckon.

be good to see

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:07
i'd be interested to see what a 300bhp awd will do on the 1/4 mile

I've shown you what it'll do, kick your butt. :D

http://youtu.be/LsIf28cD1Go

T5frankie
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:13
I've shown you what it'll do, kick your butt. :D

http://youtu.be/LsIf28cD1Go

oh that old one where i beat you

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:15
By cheating, if that's the only way you can win, you may as well give up.

T5frankie
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:23
By cheating, if that's the only way you can win, you may as well give up.

ok i will lol

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:25
lol, by the looks of it you won't be racing the Cossie again anyway.

T5frankie
Saturday 29th June 2013, 10:31
lol, by the looks of it you won't be racing the Cossie again anyway.

maybe maybe not, depends on whether i get what i want for it, i fancy a diesel 4x4 as a daily and 850r for weekends etc ( i may even get a superbike) lol

Biff
Saturday 29th June 2013, 13:09
be good to see

Does seem a bit hit & miss with the awd systems, some are good & handle 400lbs of torque, others just melt! As I've said I have no prop & an engineering parts change nightmare (3 different front angle gear, 3 different rear angle gear & 3 different props & viscous couplings) so I've decided to buy a full working awd system & go from there.
I'm sure I read on here someone welded they're angle gear? Anyone know about this process? My mate used to own a cavalier turbo years back & we welded the transfer box. It was bomb proof after that.
I'm not expecting 4k launches but would be good to have faith in a good system & be good to get the old mig out again.
I'm guessing I'll need a clutch by then too, it's started slipping when cold. Doh!

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 13:27
Does seem a bit hit & miss with the awd systems, some are good & handle 400lbs of torque, others just melt! As I've said I have no prop & an engineering parts change nightmare (3 different front angle gear, 3 different rear angle gear & 3 different props & viscous couplings) so I've decided to buy a full working awd system & go from there.
I'm sure I read on here someone welded they're angle gear? Anyone know about this process? My mate used to own a cavalier turbo years back & we welded the transfer box. It was bomb proof after that.
I'm not expecting 4k launches but would be good to have faith in a good system & be good to get the old mig out again.
I'm guessing I'll need a clutch by then too, it's started slipping when cold. Doh!

You need to drill a hole in the angle gear housing, to allow access to weld the collar to the output shaft, then weld the hole up.

Biff
Saturday 29th June 2013, 13:44
You need to drill a hole in the angle gear housing, to allow access to weld the collar to the output shaft, then weld the hole up.

Cheers stribo. I guess multiple holes would be better around the collar. Would be great if it makes it a tougher system. Will google it when I'm bored on nights. Lol

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 13:55
Cheers stribo. I guess multiple holes would be better around the collar. Would be great if it makes it a tougher system. Will google it when I'm bored on nights. Lol

Yeah, although you could just drill one hole and turn the engine over in gear manually, obviously if the prop is fitted you'll need all 4 wheels off the ground.

Biff
Saturday 29th June 2013, 15:49
I'll probably do it while its off the car with a bench drill. I'll be able to get a better weld off the car.

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 16:08
I'll probably do it while its off the car with a bench drill. I'll be able to get a better weld off the car.

Good call. :B_thumb:

Biff
Saturday 29th June 2013, 16:24
I can't wait for a bit of traction. Lol

stribo
Saturday 29th June 2013, 16:51
You'll get all the traction you'll ever need ;)

thewatsonsmouts
Saturday 29th June 2013, 22:47
weve provisionally agreed oct 19th for our run all being well....

thewatsonsmouts
Monday 1st July 2013, 22:20
doesn't a 850r have a normal flywheels and clutch not this dualmass crap and they will fit the v70s

T5frankie
Tuesday 2nd July 2013, 04:35
doesn't a 850r have a normal flywheels and clutch not this dualmass crap and they will fit the v70s

True single mass but better Clutch than a t5