PDA

View Full Version : T5 / Volvo Performance Gumball Style Event

S60D5
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:14
Andrews idea, just expanding on it!

Who would be interested in doing a Gumball style event across Europe in 2006? Only open to those with performance orientated Volvos? (T4, T5, T6, D5 etc)

I'm thinking, lots of high-speed driving (budgeting for a few fines!), plenty of partying, some fab scenery and lots of good food!

Would need at least 5 cars entering to make it a 'group' thing and would be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be too cheap, but... well! Life is for living!

I'd be happy to organise something like this if enough people are interested?

Comments? (Good + Bad?)

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:17
Andrews idea, just expanding on it!

Who would be interested in doing a Gumball style event across Europe in 2006? Only open to those with performance orientated Volvos? (T4, T5, T6, D5 etc)

I'm thinking, lots of high-speed driving (budgeting for a few fines!), plenty of partying, some fab scenery and lots of good food!

Would need at least 5 cars entering to make it a 'group' thing and would be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be too cheap, but... well! Life is for living!

I'd be happy to organise something like this if enough people are interested?

Comments? (Good + Bad?)

Tremendous idea...but remebr TDS has suggested the ring in April....can it be incorperated or are you thinking much further ahead.....cahnce of a lifetime...was thinkinking of the Gumball3000 but the entry fee is only £40000 in 2006 so cant see the accomodation being up to my standards!!!LOL

S60D5
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:21
Tremendous idea...but remebr TDS has suggested the ring in April....can it be incorperated or are you thinking much further ahead.....cahnce of a lifetime...was thinkinking of the Gumball3000 but the entry fee is only £40000 in 2006 so cant see the accomodation being up to my standards!!!LOL

£40,000? Last time I checked it was £3,000! I was going to enter, but.. I think it's slightly too hectic and pricey! Read the book "Our Gumball Rally" about the two chaps who entered in a V70R - its very entertaining and bloody funny.

When I went for 10 days, the total bill came to around £1,000-£1,200 for the time. Most of that was hotel fees!

I guess the 'ring' could be incorperated on the return from a Europe trip??

Andrew
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:23

The problem with the gumball now is that it's so well publicised every cop in every country are on the look out for them. 40k to enter + car + 20k in fines.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:26
£40,000? Last time I checked it was £3,000! I was going to enter, but.. I think it's slightly too hectic and pricey! Read the book "Our Gumball Rally" about the two chaps who entered in a V70R - its very entertaining and bloody funny.

When I went for 10 days, the total bill came to around £1,000-£1,200 for the time. Most of that was hotel fees!

I guess the 'ring' could be incorperated on the return from a Europe trip??
www.gumball3000.com

Check out entry fee and rules and regs etc!!! Maximillion satnds to make 9 million in entry fees....he will spen 3 of that in organising....what a life!!!

S60D5
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:30
The problem with the gumball now is that it's so well publicised every cop in every country are on the look out for them. 40k to enter + car + 20k in fines.

Read that book, you might be able to slip through the net in a mere Volvo!

S60D5
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 23:31
www.gumball3000.com

Check out entry fee and rules and regs etc!!! Maximillion satnds to make 9 million in entry fees....he will spen 3 of that in organising....what a life!!!

£40,000? Wow. Seriously, last time I looked; which would have been just under a year ago and I could have sworn it was £3,000. Maybe it was the Cannonball run I was looking at!

I guess ol' Maxi can tune it up to £40k and people will still be prepared to enter, such is the demand and legend status of that event!

Andy
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 00:38
£40,000? Wow. Seriously, last time I looked; which would have been just under a year ago and I could have sworn it was £3,000. Maybe it was the Cannonball run I was looking at!

I guess ol' Maxi can tune it up to £40k and people will still be prepared to enter, such is the demand and legend status of that event!
T5DJC,

That sounds MINT!!! I wanna do it!!!

Need to be RICA'd 1st though :(