PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

emm
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 13:14
Hi All,

I have a 850 2.5 n/a 10v (currently on the look out for a volvo 850 R, Saloon, manual that isn;t at the other end of the country).

The rear part of my exhuast has decided to give up the ghost, as a result i have to to replace it.

I have enquired about a custom performance exhaust however before i waste the traders time, i wanted to ask what gains (if any) would i get from fitting a performance exhaust?

I use the car every day so not going for over the top and if it works out to expensive i will get a genuine replacement.

I have done a stage 0 tune, performance airfilter, throttle body mod, plus a few others (replaced or upgraded as the original parts failed).

thanks
Andy

danny-R
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 19:13
Not too sure if there is much gains to be had out of a N/A but it's certainly worth doing on a turbo car as it breaths/performs so much better and then there's the noise

LiamT4
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 19:17
Manifolds and sports cats, can give you a few hp on a non turbo car, but a simple cat-back system isn't likely to give you anything more than just a nicer noise............so still worth it ;-)

Biff
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 20:07
If the cars worth it, do it!! :)

nobananas
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 20:31
You could go cat back then swap it onto a T5 or R when you get one.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 22:44
Manifolds and sports cats, can give you a few hp on a non turbo car, but a simple cat-back system isn't likely to give you anything more than just a nicer noise............so still worth it ;-)
what he said.

emm
Thursday 30th May 2013, 15:39
cheers. I'll call them up and discuss the options.

thanks again