PDA

View Full Version : 1999 C70 window seals/covers

Justinb
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:50
Just wondered if anyone knows if you can buy new covers/seals for the rear window that goes around the glass between the body work that seals the void. the rubber is falling apart and looks crappy plus I could do with replacing the windscreen top seal just wondered if its possible to buy them I've had a look online but can't seem to find them.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 23:01
Do you mean the seal on the B pillar or the ones around the rear quarter light?

Justinb
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 23:09
Do you mean the seal on the B pillar or the ones around the rear quarter light?
No the 3 seals around the rear window heated one above the boot ;-)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 23:17
Rear windows are bonded in. Not sure about the plastic trims - having just has a quick look at my own - it appears to be an integral part of the window.

Justinb
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 23:27
I'm guessing they come as part of the rear window but it looks like they put the bonding on the window frame then put the rear window on top which leaves a gap around the window between the body and the glass then they push them seals on the glass and the rubber part fills the void! then the corner bits clip on. Just the rubber bit are falling to bits on mine just wondered if anyone had replaced there's my old c70 had the same problem

c70geoff
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 23:28
i got mine resealed by a car window fitter for nowt

Justinb
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 12:06
i got mine resealed by a car window fitter for nowt

It's not the window sealing that's the problem it's the trim that goes over the bare edge of the glass that's starting to perish

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 12:35
Having looked again in the light - look to me like they are glued onto the glass. I'd go ask your local dealer to look them up on the parts system - that way you'll know for sure.

Justinb
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 13:26
Having looked again in the light - look to me like they are glued onto the glass. I'd go ask your local dealer to look them up on the parts system - that way you'll know for sure.

I'll do that tomorrow thanks jb