PDA

View Full Version : Holy moley

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:31
As some of you will know I didn't run the car at the weekend due to a boost problem with the boost bouncing at any thing over 3/4 into the white on the dash gauge I didn't want to do any thing else as my boost gauge hasn't turned up, enough was enough last night when the supplier said it would be the beginning of july now so I decided to replace the new kangwa actuator for my original one I was going to purchase a forge one but they didn't have any instock so went for one of them so I took it a quick run and the boost issue had gone so pretty much the new actuator was crap a good way to waste £70 but never mind I then went and re fitted the blitz spec r ebc and took it for a run and god first run I hit 1.5 bar in 3rd the car went crazy spinning both wheels in 3rd I was very surprised at how well it pick up certainly shocked me and that's about it for now I need to adjust things to lower the boost and get the settings back correct on the spec r then off to get a custom map happy days.

smithy
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:41
As some of you will know I didn't run the car at the weekend due to a boost problem with the boost bouncing at any thing over 3/4 into the white on the dash gauge I didn't want to do any thing else as my boost gauge hasn't turned up, enough was enough last night when the supplier said it would be the beginning of july now so I decided to replace the new kangwa actuator for my original one I was going to purchase a forge one but they didn't have any instock so went for one of them so I took it a quick run and the boost issue had gone so pretty much the new actuator was crap a good way to waste £70 but never mind I then went and re fitted the blitz spec r ebc and took it for a run and god first run I hit 1.5 bar in 3rd the car went crazy spinning both wheels in 3rd I was very surprised at how well it pick up certainly shocked me and that's about it for now I need to adjust things to lower the boost and get the settings back correct on the spec r then off to get a custom map happy days.

Nice one sir now get the custom map done and try and make the pod or Avon if you can .

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:44

The what?? lol never knew you had that might of given us a clue :)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:45
Does ebc work as an mbc or is it a progressive boos?Would b tempted to have one on my auto.

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:51
Does ebc work as an mbc or is it a progressive boos?Would b tempted to have one on my auto.

the ebc's are fantastic the blitz one has 4 different settings before I did the rod my settings were 1=below stock 2=stock 9psi 3=16psi 4=20psi
I wouldn't recommend running one over 15/16psi they can be pretty aggressive I bent my rod with myne hitting full boost at 2.5k

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:52
The what?? lol never knew you had that might of given us a clue :)

Tell me about it last time I buy cheep crap im gunner get the -31 what you and dean have

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:53
Nice one sir now get the custom map done and try and make the pod or Avon if you can .

Cheers bud will deff be going this year need to crack the 15sec 1/4 mile

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 20:57
I am looking at getting one just so I can be more progressive with the boost.

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 21:02
I am looking at getting one just so I can be more progressive with the boost.

I wouldn't know which one to recommend Dave I certainly wouldn't say the bliz one is progressive its just a case of learning when to floor it with out a doubt if I was to floor the car in 5th at say 40 it would be doing its best to hit full boost

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 21:17
ebc's are very clever bits of kit, i tried a greedy one but had no idea what i was doing and it was far easier to set my car up with the mbc at the time, however ive progressed somewhat since then and think a good bit of studying how the % gains work might well work in my favor, its all very well having 500+ nm but when its hits your front wheels there aint a lot you can do about it.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:03
Can't think straight - which one of the blitz to get. I started looking at the early one, but then I saw the one with the digital display - & now the one with a color display and more features than I'd know what to do with?

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:05
The model I have do two types the spec s which only goes up to about 20psi and the spec r which I have with a dual sbc and does up to 35 psi they are not cheep but once you master them well worth it

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:07
The model I have do two types the spec s which only goes up to about 20psi and the spec r which I have with a dual sbc and does up to 35 psi they are not cheep but once you master them well worth it

After a quick nip on the bay I may have the spec s and r the wrong way round either way the one witht he dual sbc is the one to go for

t5 pete
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:16
http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/techsupport/pdf/dualsbc_specs-r.pdf

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th May 2013, 22:50
I was looking at this (http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-314.aspx) because I can integrate additional sensors such as wideband AFR

t5 pete
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 09:18
That looks very nice and compact

WOODY T5
Wednesday 29th May 2013, 09:40
well done pete think the blitz is the way forward seems to work for me