PDA

View Full Version : Rev limit on a 98 V70R

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 21:33
What's the standard rev limit on a 98 V70R? and does it get moved or removed on the HLM 310 remap?. Been abusing mine a little today and I hit the rev limiter.

merc85
Saturday 25th May 2013, 21:47
lol, i did the same, I have a Rica/Hlm Ecu of some sorts dont think its a standard map. But the Rev limit is 5,900 - 6,000 not sure about the speed limiter as havent had her flat out tbh dont like this map certainly prefer the auto map i ran on my manual lol,

My Auto hlm map had no rev limiter or speed restrictor

Both cars were 850 t5's

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 21:50
I can't say I've hit it mate. I'll have a go on the way to work for you. ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 21:51
lol, i did the same, I have a Rica/Hlm Ecu of some sorts dont think its a standard map. But the Rev limit is 5,900 - 6,000 not sure about the speed limiter as havent had her flat out tbh dont like this map certainly prefer the auto map i ran on my manual lol,

My Auto hlm map had no rev limiter or speed restrictor

Both cars were 850 t5's
im running a hlm auto map now, rev limit is around 6600-7000 rpms

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:00
im running a hlm auto map now, rev limit is around 6600-7000 rpms

Lmao sh*t is it?.. oh well I'm not sure how good that is, on one side I've hit the rev limiter twice now and on the other.. it was still pulling like a train when I hit it,lol.

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:01
Lmao sh*t is it?.. oh well I'm not sure how good that is, on one side I've hit the rev limiter twice now and on the other.. it was still pulling like a train when I hit it,lol.

that map you have in yours is my old hlm310 that i went and had done personally at hamish's, i had a rica manual but am using this auto one as its alot more responsive

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:08
Yeah I knew it was a 310 HLM as it's written all over the ecu. Are you saying this is a manual map?..

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:10
Yeah I knew it was a 310 HLM as it's written all over the ecu. Are you saying this is a manual map?..

yes mate it was mapped to my baby, i miss that car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGMQ7AD7U9o

merc85
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:12
that map you have in yours is my old hlm310 that i went and had done personally at hamish's, i had a rica manual but am using this auto one as its alot more responsive

tbh i certainly prefered the auto map in my manual loads and loads of top end power

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:12
What sort of power did you get out of it?

tbh i certainly prefered the auto map in my manual loads and loads of top end power

Tbh this thing pulls like a frikkin train..Still smokes a little though.

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:13
So I can put an auto map on my manual? I've seen a few now & missed out. Doh!

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:16
Yeah you can put an auto map on a manual but not the other way around.

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:16
So I can put an auto map on my manual? I've seen a few now & missed out. Doh!

no mate on v/s70's you have to have the right ecu number exactly

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:17
Yeah you can put an auto map on a manual but not the other way around.

only on 850's

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:21
I've got all the numbers from when I had it diagnosed. So if I get my ecu mapped I can specify an auto map? Wouldn't it hang the revs a little?

T5frankie
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:23
I've got all the numbers from when I had it diagnosed. So if I get my ecu mapped I can specify an auto map? Wouldn't it hang the revs a little?

no mate get the proper map for your car, my manual map lifted the revs between gear changes, used to do my head in but that was a one off from my experience,

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:42
I can't wait to get it mapped, but I want it 100% first. The exhaust is still blowing & I've got the brakes to uprate yet.
Be nice to be putting out some decent power. Just don't want the old girl to blow up on me.

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:45
Yeah it wasn't nice trying to stop mine tonight when I let it have a bit of a run up.

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 22:53
Mate mine are warped to death. They have noisey cheap pads in & are noisey as hell whether I'm braking or not.
I'm eyeing up black diamond combi discs & Volvo pads but shhhh don't tell the mrs!

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 23:01
Lmao... I'll be getting some nice new discs and pads soon as I can afford some. Back to work next week...Yaaayy...Er.....

Biff
Saturday 25th May 2013, 23:08
Well done on the job front dude!
I'm very sneaky, I order the bits when I'm in working knowing they will arrive when the mrs is in work & I'm off. This week we have a brand new oem radiator, gear gaitor & some orange samco vac hose. Lol

Tomcat
Saturday 25th May 2013, 23:14
Lmao... Cheers bud, it's only agency work but hopefully it'll keep me going till I go back to Uni in September. Mines not to bad on my getting stuff for the car, provided I make sure the bills get paid and there's food in the cupboards.