PDA

View Full Version : Exhausting times...

Biff
Friday 24th May 2013, 19:21
I apologise for lack of pictures from the start, my old iPhone 3GS has no flash & I've been in poor light all day.
Basically I've fitted my exhaust today after working out what's good & whats rotten. I've tried to sleeve where the cat used to be & fitted my jetex cat back system. When I came to firing up the old girl I found it was still blowing from behind a heat shield on the down pipe.
I've spent hours struggling to get the down pipe off the car but in the end I've given up, I can't get it past the transfer box for love nor trying. I've dropped the subframe & everything today. My wrists are cut to ribbons. Lol. I had to bolt it up to get the car home but I removed the heat sheild first to see where its blowing. It feels like a pressed hole which I thought felt like where a second lambda sits.
Now I'm thinking mine has a t5 downpipe with 2 lamdas. Mine is a 98 v70r awd which I know has one lamda. I've found a Volvo diagram with the offending hole as I couldn't get a picture. I got 2 fingers in the hole (kinky) & it feels like it should be there & not rusted etc. can anyone confirm what the top hole closest the turbo is for?
I can only guess that this hole was blocked & now its running well its blown it out.
I'm absolutely minging in grease, oil & carbon from today but in truth she doesn't look bad at all for the 300k the body has done. Just hope I can fix it myself as I'm not giving up after today. It feels quieter, more responsive already but I need to sort this hole for the benefit. Could I reach it from the top?
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/biff_3/null_zps63b21d64.png