PDA

View Full Version : flashing lower centre console V70 2005

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 08:35
Bit of an odd one. Every now and again in my dads v70 d5 the lower centre console buttons flash continuosly. Any odes. I have a video that I will put up later.

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 08:39
Climate control fault mate, there's a small grille on the control, behind it is the cabin air temp sensor - usually, this plays up/fails/gets covered with dust. Give it a clean (compressed air) and see what happens.

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 08:50
Cheers Martin. Thing is its not just the temp controls its the lower buttons too, fourC, dstc, mirrors etc. Very strange

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 08:51
Thought the 4-c controls were on the top, by the hazard switch?

Any way, the video will be handy I feel...:)

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 09:55
They are only on top on R models mate.
Here's a video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0wLvLA2BZE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It is very odd

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 10:05
Wow! that's a bit lively!

Try blowing/hoovering the little grille out, it's normally a warning of some kind and the inside temp sensor is the main culprit.

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 14:55
Martin you are a genius!

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 14:58
All fixed?

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 18:17
well i went out, blew into the grille. started car and no flashing, so i'm assuming it's all fixed now. thanks

V70 Graham
Friday 24th May 2013, 18:19
well i went out, blew into the grille. started car and no flashing, so i'm assuming it's all fixed now. thanks

That will be £147.87 inc vat consultation fee please :redface: (I'm M-R-P's business adviser lol)

jdavis
Friday 24th May 2013, 18:41
Charge it to 'dinky' on here, it's his car, lol. He kindly lent it me while mine was having tow bar fitted. Least I could do was fix it lol.

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 19:04
I'd still take a Hoover to it mate, to make sure ;)

jdavis
Friday 31st May 2013, 10:37
its back again. very annoying glitch. sold our caravan to a senior volvo tech this weekend from Stoke, ironically. Asked him about it and he said he'd never seen/heard of that. one of the other technicians has just called to query it but still none the wiser. they have recommended disconnecting the lower module then reconnecting it. to see if that cures it.
anyone any ideas how to get into the lower dash?

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 31st May 2013, 10:46
take the pen holder cover off by pulling it, which will expose the lower screw points.
never done it myself, but i know with those dashes you start at the bottom and work up even if you wanted to get the radio out.

because everything is flashing, that might be a fault within the panel , i seem to remember with the a/c fan, only the a/c symbols flashed but i may be incorrect on that.
i presume you havent spilt anything on it ?

did have a couple of customers who had coffee in the cup holders, saw a speed camera van, hit the brakes and the coffee hit the dash - that'll be £1000 for a new radio and heater panel please !

jdavis
Friday 31st May 2013, 10:58
Thanks for that. will have a nosey when i'm up there next. i've had drink down the dash problem. not serious enough to break anything though thank goodness.
on my older P1 v70, when the cabin air temp sensor was faulty it only flashed the AC buttons.
will report back my findings.

M-R-P
Friday 31st May 2013, 11:13
The pre facelift P2s only flashed the a/c button and something else - perhaps the newer ones flash the lot - just to make sure you see it lol.

Have you got a good strong vacuum cleaner on the vent? There may be some stubborn crap stuck in there - especially if the owner is a smoker (makes things sticky).
Make sure the ignition is off and the key is out before disconnecting any of the panels, you know what P2s are like!

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 31st May 2013, 12:12
you could be right there martin , on both points.

it might have moved, then got stuck again. as it's a tiny fan hopefully it hasnt burnt out when or if it was indeed jammed.

seems you are halfway there since the problem went , if only for a short time.

martin- i heard too much polish spray can also jam the fan ! :smirk:

M-R-P
Friday 31st May 2013, 12:59
Not something I need worry about - plod/poverty spec cars don't have the inside temp sensor :)

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 31st May 2013, 13:04
its only for ECC sir. - that's how it knows the cabin temp is correct.

jdavis
Friday 31st May 2013, 15:56
Thanks for the tips guys. As soon as I get chance I'll be up there fixing it and will let you know what was the culprit
I'm Poorly at the mo.