PDA

View Full Version : Polybush or Meyle HD Wishbones

stephenevans99
Friday 24th May 2013, 07:14
Looking at replacing my wishbones in the next few weeks and I'm not sure whether to go with Polybushed OE wishbones or opt for the Meyle HD replacements.

TBH I don't want to deal with any excess road noise and feel every imperfection in the cr@ppy roads around these parts, is there any significant difference in noise and ride when poly wishbones are fitted? The Meyle HD's come with a 4 year warranty and I believe the rubber bushes used are solid but obviously being rubber still offer that little 'give'.

Handling isn't paramount as I'm having Eibachs fitted at the same time which should tick those boxes.

I know lots have the Poly bushes fitted - has anyone experience in the Meyle HD's ?

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 07:24
The extra noise isn't really noticeable mate but the extra feel through the wheel is. The polys will compliment the Eibachs too giving you an all-round better drive.

UR strut braces, subframe insetrs, Eibachs.... to say "handling isn't paramount" seems like a bit of moo moo poo lol.

Get 'em pollied mate ;)

stephenevans99
Friday 24th May 2013, 07:32
The extra noise isn't really noticeable mate but the extra feel through the wheel is. The polys will compliment the Eibachs too giving you an all-round better drive.

UR strut braces, subframe insetrs, Eibachs.... to say "handling isn't paramount" seems like a bit of moo moo poo lol.

Get 'em pollied mate ;)

lol.....I just don't want to be reminded constantly by harshness that polys are fitted as I drive like Miss Daisy through the Village - all the other bits are there for the occasional twistys but don't effect comfort (2nd thoughts about Eibachs ;) )

M-R-P
Friday 24th May 2013, 07:55
Get it done lol. For all the times you cringe hitting potholes, you'll be smiling a lot more when you can out-corner an aircraft carrier ;)

jotter22
Friday 24th May 2013, 08:29
lowered and polybushed is going to feel harsh anyway might as well have some noise too!
Tony.

Harvey
Friday 24th May 2013, 10:58
Looking at replacing my wishbones in the next few weeks and I'm not sure whether to go with Polybushed OE wishbones or opt for the Meyle HD replacements.

TBH I don't want to deal with any excess road noise and feel every imperfection in the cr@ppy roads around these parts, is there any significant difference in noise and ride when poly wishbones are fitted? The Meyle HD's come with a 4 year warranty and I believe the rubber bushes used are solid but obviously being rubber still offer that little 'give'.

Handling isn't paramount as I'm having Eibachs fitted at the same time which should tick those boxes.

I know lots have the Poly bushes fitted - has anyone experience in the Meyle HD's ?

I have heard of people saying they have had problems with the rubber bushes failing within the 2 year warranty on the H.D range.
And the warranty is only valid if fitted by a vat register workshop don't know if that's true or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAxfTr9nK4&autoplay=1

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 24th May 2013, 11:49
No, that is not true- the warranty is valid if you fitted them yourself.
especially if you purchased the complete wishbone assembly with bushes already in, they cannot be damaged during installation.

It's only on the seperate bushes, where the possibility of splitting if incorrectly installed and if they have gone very soon after installation that i would think to query .

The warranty on consequential labour to replace a failed part under warranty can only be claimed if accompanied by an official garage invoice, and every claim that goes through this route is inspected in Germany to determine to reason for failure before being paid out. - quite understandably they wouldn't pay out on labour for an unoffocial handwritten invoice.

We are very happy with the quality of meyle HD parts

stephenevans99
Friday 24th May 2013, 13:34
To be honest - I'm steering towards the Meyle HD wishbones - along with Meyle HD Bottom Ball Joints with Meyle Dampers + Eibachs - will I get a T-Shirt Jamie ???? lol

I fitted the HD drop links not so long back and the quality was spot on - I've no doubt that the HD wishbones will be spot on too.

Luckily I'm also VAT Registered - as a Garage :cuckoo:

JamesT5
Friday 24th May 2013, 13:43

High definition (HD) Wishbones? That's a new one one me...... ;)

stephenevans99
Friday 24th May 2013, 13:45
You PLONKER ;)

JamesT5
Friday 24th May 2013, 13:47
You PLONKER ;)

Sorry, that was one of my Heavy Duty jokes mate.... ;)

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 24th May 2013, 14:17
I can sort some sweets, but not stretch to a t-shirt , lol

on the whole i'm impressed with the HD products myself.

you only have to put the links next to genuine ones to see the difference.

abdul
Wednesday 21st August 2013, 04:36
Anybody tried the meyle products ?

silverhorse
Wednesday 21st August 2013, 07:31
I had your exact concern a few months ago. Will the poly's be too harsh? Well, I fitted the purple ploy's and am pleased with the results. Hardly any extra noise, ever so slight more tramlining (I got 18 Nebs like you) but more feel. I have also done HD droplinks front and rear, and all in all, I am happy.

M-R-P
Wednesday 21st August 2013, 07:42
I have the HD droplinks and I'm about to fit HD front wishbone rear bushes when I get chance. Purple poly front bushes were probably the first proper mod I did on my car and still one of my best. For the cost of the bushes, it should be everybody's first mod for a P2 imo.

Ball-ache tho lol

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 21st August 2013, 08:28
tbh i dont know why youd even think about a generic bush there .
poly it . it doesnt make the car any harsh imo just more precise. im rolling with 18s too...