PDA

View Full Version : Forge unos malfunctioning

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 17:27
My forge unos mbc won't seem to boost over 1 bar (14.5 psi) anymore, have tried it on 3 cars so its definetly the mbc, dunno whether its knackered or whether it needs a stiffer spring, anyone got the other spring they didnt use? i only got one with mine

This is bad timing with york in a couple of days

smithy
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 18:43
My forge unos mbc won't seem to boost over 1 bar (14.5 psi) anymore, have tried it on 3 cars so its definetly the mbc, dunno whether its knackered or whether it needs a stiffer spring, anyone got the other spring they didnt use? i only got one with mine

It is proberly the spring gone loose .shat I can do is you can lend my new forge UNOs mbc at York to see if yours is letting go or not and the I'd a spare spring in the box too .i will give it to Jim but what boost are you running on bcs mate

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 18:47
It is proberly the spring gone loose .shat I can do is you can lend my new forge UNOs mbc at York to see if yours is letting go or not and the I'd a spare spring in the box too .i will give it to Jim but what boost are you running on bcs mate

its running about the same mate but comes in alot more gradual, its the silver spring i have and its the weaker of the two

merc85
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 19:46
I got 2 springs with mine, one i use in the summer, the other in the winter, ive just changed over to my summer spring ie stiffer one, min boost 20psi!! doh lol my weak spring runs and holds 16psi wen its maxd out in the summer.

smithy
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:00
its running about the same mate but comes in alot more gradual, its the silver spring i have and its the weaker of the two

You can try mine mate no probs but I would give the actuator a turn if I was you

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:07
You can try mine mate no probs but I would give the actuator a turn if I was you

mate its not that as i have said ive tried it on 3 cars and couldnt get passed one bar on any of them, have you got the spare spring mate?

graemewelch
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:09

get the excuses in early haha.

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:11
I got 2 springs with mine, one i use in the summer, the other in the winter, ive just changed over to my summer spring ie stiffer one, min boost 20psi!! doh lol my weak spring runs and holds 16psi wen its maxd out in the summer.

i used to have the weak spring at 22 psi at about 70 clicks, must of got too much for it lol

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:11
get the excuses in early haha.

still beat you mate lol

smithy
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:13
mate its not that as i have said ive tried it on 3 cars and couldnt get passed one bar on any of them, have you got the spare spring mate?

I think the is one in the box but I have about3 of them

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:16
I think the is one in the box but I have about3 of them

can i have one of each and ill give you back the one i dont use?

Jamest5r
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:26
The most ive ever turned mine is 8 clicks and that was when it was last on the rollers at 26psi :)

When you popping round then Mr Smith?

smithy
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:27
can i have one of each and ill give you back the one i dont use?

I will send the lot including my mbc too

graemewelch
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:28
still beat you mate lol

haha. i hope i make it to york. if make it ill bet ya 4 bottles of brown ale

Jamest5r
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:30
haha. i hope i make it to york. if make it ill bet ya 4 bottles of brown ale

You'll be lucky don't sell that dish water down south :)

smithy
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 20:31
My actuator is that strong I will only need 2 clicks to get to 26 psi lol

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:08
A
The most ive ever turned mine is 8 clicks and that was when it was last on the rollers at 26psi :)

When you popping round then Mr Smith?
We have had this discussion before yours must have the strong spring then

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:10
I will send the lot including my mbc too

Thank you kind sir

Jamest5r
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:31
A
We have had this discussion before yours must have the strong spring then

Yep i guess so, just a bit worried that you have managed to break something no one else has lol, and you got no testing time dont think its a good idea to whack it on and test it one the 1/4 might have to find a quiet road somewhere before hand.

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:34
Yep i guess so, just a bit worried that you have managed to break something no one else has lol, and you got no testing time dont think its a good idea to whack it on and test it one the 1/4 might have to find a quiet road somewhere before hand.

what are you gibbering about as i have said 3 times i had it on my s70r......14.5 psi then my cossie.......14.5 psi now my 850r..........14.5 psi, remember the s70r on the dyno day 14 psi i couldnt turn it up anymore....still 265bhp though with a knackered turbo

graemewelch
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:35
Thank you kind sir

no excuse now mate when your staring at my rear bumper lol

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 21:39
no excuse now mate when your staring at my rear bumper lol

what from a heavy old s60, ive yet to see a quick one

Kingsford G
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 23:06
U break everithing u touch u silly boy

Jamest5r
Thursday 23rd May 2013, 23:15
what are you gibbering about as i have said 3 times i had it on my s70r......14.5 psi then my cossie.......14.5 psi now my 850r..........14.5 psi, remember the s70r on the dyno day 14 psi i couldnt turn it up anymore....still 265bhp though with a knackered turbo

You missed the point numpty im talking about you putting the new one on and trashing your new motor i know what your like :)

T5frankie
Friday 24th May 2013, 06:25
You missed the point numpty im talking about you putting the new one on and trashing your new motor i know what your like :)

LOL I'm not gonna turn it up to 22psi just want 18, 14 don't cut it on the strip