PDA

View Full Version : ABS light

pdias64
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 11:48
Dear all
Does any body know how to repair the ABS controller (ECU). I know I have to solder (Weld) it some where but I don’t know exactly the place. Attach I put some photos of my ECU.
Thanks in advance
Paulo

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 11:57
I know exactly where to solder it.
If you send it to me I can repair it for you.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=224

Andrew
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 13:16

It's true - he fixed mine last week :jaw:

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 14:25
I`ll second the all mighty wobbly for his abs repair as he`s done mine as well

splatt
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 14:36
Dear all
Does any body know how to repair the ABS controller (ECU). I know I have to solder (Weld) it some where but I don’t know exactly the place. Attach I put some photos of my ECU.
Thanks in advance
Paulowelcome to the forum !!!!

ripper
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 16:50
I'm probably gonna sound a bit thick with this, but for what reason does the ABS control unit need the soldering repair?

I am having problems with my ABS light coming on sporadically, but i have had the faults read and it pointed to n/s/f wheel sensor, yet i have replaced said item and light still comes on, is this the sort of reason for the repair?? :dunce:

Andrew
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 16:52
I'm probably gonna sound a bit thick with this, but for what reason does the ABS control unit need the soldering repair?

I am having problems with my ABS light coming on sporadically, but i have had the faults read and it pointed to n/s/f wheel sensor, yet i have replaced said item and light still comes on, is this the sort of reason for the repair?? :dunce:

Solder joints dry out causing intemitant faults initially leading to failure of the unit over a period of time.

ripper
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 17:01
Solder joints dry out causing intemitant faults initially leading to failure of the unit over a period of time.
So do you think it would pay for me to get in contact with Sir Wobbly and get him to check it out for me, instead of me keep having the damn faults read all the time!!

Andrew
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 17:03
So do you think it would pay for me to get in contact with Sir Wobbly and get him to check it out for me, instead of me keep having the damn faults read all the time!!

Well all I'll say is mine would come on intermitantly so I had him do mine and it's not been on since...

My car had donw 86k miles at the time.

ripper
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 17:12
Cheers Andrew, I'll have a chat with Dave and get his opinion.

MattB
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 17:50

pdias64 - Dave also repaired mine some time ago. Top job and great service!

ps - welcome to the forum!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 11:06
As you are in the local area - I am more than happy to come down, remove the unit, repair it and refit it for you? Let me know.

pdias64
Wednesday 19th October 2005, 11:41
Hi everibody

Thanks a lot for your help
Paulo :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: