PDA

View Full Version : fuel injectors

abdul
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:09
can u clean fuel injectors in a ultrasound cleaner like the one u can buy at maplins was browsing web came across a audi website it says they had good results

Kingsford G
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:10
Yes u can.Martin will be along soon,he`ll tell u.

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:29
Yes you can mate, depending on the bath you buy. The cheapo jewelry ones won't cut it, you need something that runs fast, with a metal basin. Correct chemicals are important too, I use CB25 in warm water to do the outside and mineral solvents to flush the inside. Make yourself a pulsing unit to get the injectors to fire while flushing.
Buying a rebuild kit is a must too, filters, seals and pintles make a big difference to the performance of the cleaned injectors. In all, to do a good job, you're looking at 4 to 5 hours in all.

graemewelch
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:31
would you consider offering a cleaning service. wouldnt mind getting my injectors cleaned

abdul
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:31
would the one they sell at maplins for 44,99 do the job

Gold 'N' Brown
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:34
I was searching the other day and noticed the geezer that used to offer the service on here - Jemahan was it? - has retired his service. Is there anyone else that is reputable and can offer a good service? I've got one option on another forum but I'd need to check he's willing to do Volvo injectors (can't see why not, they should all be much of a muchness) and I've heard he's not always prompt at replying to PMs.

Don't want to use that Terraclean, but I would like to treat the ol' injectors as part of the phase 0 shenanigans.

abdul
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:36
Yes you can mate, depending on the bath you buy. The cheapo jewelry ones won't cut it, you need something that runs fast, with a metal basin. Correct chemicals are important too, I use CB25 in warm water to do the outside and mineral solvents to flush the inside. Make yourself a pulsing unit to get the injectors to fire while flushing.
Buying a rebuild kit is a must too, filters, seals and pintles make a big difference to the performance of the cleaned injectors. In all, to do a good job, you're looking at 4 to 5 hours in all.
where can u buy the o rings aintles

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:45
would you consider offering a cleaning service. wouldnt mind getting my injectors cleaned
£25 incl. return postage mate :)

would the one they sell at maplins for 44,99 do the job
Got a link for it mate?

where can u buy the o rings aintles
ebay link (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190815400040?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

graemewelch
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:48
how long you rekon itll take. will have to work out when i can take it off the road for a bit

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 22:52
I'll have them back in the post the day after I recieve them mate. Alternatively, anybody local is welcome to pop round one evening and I'll do them while they wait.

I hope to get hold of a set of blues soon, which I'll refurb and offer as a "loan set" which I'll send out, you can then swap them with yours and return when you get your clean ones back. that way, nobody has their car off the road for more than the amount of time it takes to swap a set of injectors round.

Gold 'N' Brown
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 23:10
I'll probably be contacting you in the next month or two then. Get 'em done whilst the Jewmobile is still SORNed.

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 23:15
I'll probably be contacting you in the next month or two then. Get 'em done whilst the Jewmobile is still SORNed.

No problem mate.

I'll be starting a thread, once I've had a word with forum management.

RiPsTa33
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 23:39
how long you rekon itll take. will have to work out when i can take it off the road for a bit
What colour injectors do you have Greame? i probably have some you can use till yours are done

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 23:43
What colour injectors do you have Greame? i probably have some you can use till yours are done

TBH, if it's only temporary, any injectors will do. I had knackered orange injectors in my P2 T5 since I got it and it ran... it ran lean but it ran ;) Sooo glad I put some shiny blues in ;)

T5frankie
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 05:13
Interesting fancy doing my greens?

claymore
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 07:56
Yep, I want mine done as well please :)

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 08:06
Interesting fancy doing my greens?

Yep, I want mine done as well please :)

Yep Yep Yep - let me have a quick word with management and I'll start up a dedicated thread.

Colin - are you not running big-ass injectors? so long as they're Bosch ones it'll be fine. Otherwise, the rebuild kit may be a different price.

claymore
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 08:24
Yep Yep Yep - let me have a quick word with management and I'll start up a dedicated thread.

Colin - are you not running big-ass injectors? so long as they're Bosch ones it'll be fine. Otherwise, the rebuild kit may be a different price.
I'm running greens mate :)

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 08:27
cool.

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 08:30
please may I join the que to have my blues done, there off the car so can be done any time that would suit you

1112lewis
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 15:12
wouldn't mind my white white ones off my R doing if possible?!

graemewelch
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 17:41

im not sure ill gave yo take a look

LiamT4
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 20:57
No problem mate.

I'll be starting a thread, once I've had a word with forum management.

If i can get hold of some for a decent price, would you be able to refurb some for my car.....they're only babies compared to your volvo ones lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 21:25
If i can get hold of some for a decent price, would you be able to refurb some for my car.....they're only babies compared to your volvo ones lol
What make are they mate?

LiamT4
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 21:28
What make are they mate?

Don't sure off the top of my head, maybe bosch?

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 21:46
If you can find out mate, that would be handy ;)

LiamT4
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 21:48
If you can find out mate, that would be handy ;)

Will do, i was going to get some new ones but they are about £80 each and i need 8 of the gits lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 21:56
Will do, i was going to get some new ones but they are about £80 each and i need 8 of the gits lol

You've only yourself to blame lol