PDA

View Full Version : And the bullions random fault of the week is...

Biff
Monday 13th May 2013, 22:04
Evening chaps, bit of an odd one but I'm a bit stumped. I used my car for work today & whilst half asleep or stoned on exhaust fumes I noticed a knocking noise as I pulled into the security gate in work.
I won't lie I absolutely sharted doubting if I checked my oil on sat (I did) & went into work feeling very glum.
By dinner time the suspense was killing me & I decided to go for a poke around, the oil seems fine, the belts & pulleys seemed fine so I gave her a start. Surprisingly the knocking was not from the engine but the left side of the bay by the bulkhead. Not having any tools & being rushed for time I've not had time to poke behind the plastic covers.
Am I right to think the standard alarm siren is there as it certainly sounds like a knackered siren to me or something along those lines. I've had to disconnect the battery & now I'm home its too dark to see.
Any ideas? Is my car telling me of things to come?

Biff
Monday 13th May 2013, 22:07
Sorry when I say left I mean offside. My bad.

Dangerous Dave
Monday 13th May 2013, 22:58
Check the offside engine mount, its just to the left of the crank pulley. It wears the rubber down until the two metal plates vibrate against each other. Had it on my 850. Obviously it could be something else but worth a try.

Actually, I've got a pic :D You can see how knackered mine was, the rubber is hanging off LOL
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/01092008065.jpg

Kingsford G
Monday 13th May 2013, 23:42
And c if the pulley is good too

Biff
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 05:15
Thanks boys. The car is making the noise when the engine isn't running & ignition off so I don't think it's mechanical.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 11:12
Ah, not sure then. I haven't a clue on the location of the alarm siren.

Biff
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 12:23
Cheers mate, Strangely its not doing it today or least it hasn't this morning. I'm off on thurs so will have a good root around & report my findings.
Baffled.

M-R-P
Tuesday 14th May 2013, 12:26
Siren and washer bottle are in that area.
Isn't the charcoal canister around there too? Could be the evap purge throwing a fit?