PDA

View Full Version : just realised ive fitted my bleed valve wrong but it seems to work

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 13:38
i fitted it last week, and i was asking how to go about it and seems i got it confussed.
i have put it inline from the actuator to the BCS and it seems to work, but ive just re-read what T5 frankie said and he said use the lower line from the bottom of the turbo and the actuator line and replace the BCS with the bleed valve.

like i said it seems to work as i used a gauge and set it to 0.7 bar and it made a huge diffrence, so have i done it wrong and its gonna damage something?
if i have done it wrong do you have to blank off the two nipples on the BCS where those lines would have come from?
and im gessing the third line from the BCS to the inlet pipe just stays in place along with the electrical plug to stop it throwing up codes.

p fandango
Sunday 12th May 2013, 13:49
if i have done it wrong do you have to blank off the two nipples on the BCS where those lines would have come from?
and im gessing the third line from the BCS to the inlet pipe just stays in place along with the electrical plug to stop it throwing up codes.
Personally I prefer MBC's. The third pipe needs blocking off, but yes the BCS needs to stay plugged in to keep the ecu happy

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 13:56
tbh thats what i ordered a MBC but they sent me a valve with a third outlet on it with aparantly makes it a bleed vlave.

shows how much demon tweeks know lol.

so i take it T5 frankie's way is right then?

the way i have done it, what diffrence does it make?

nobananas
Sunday 12th May 2013, 14:08
When I used to run pre remap with an MBC I had it between the bcs and the turbo. You can run it either way, ditch the bcs and just run the MBC (said to be less spikey) or use it with the bcs, I never had any problems running it in line with the bcs.

p fandango
Sunday 12th May 2013, 14:19
shows how much demon tweeks know lol.
in DT's defence MBC is officially a generic term, Manual Boost Controller which does cover bleed valves

so i take it T5 frankie's way is right then?

the way i have done it, what diffrence does it make?
as said either way will work, the only difference is running 2 inline you've got the bleed valve & ecu raising/controlling the boost

T5frankie
Sunday 12th May 2013, 15:00
Of course my way is right, ditch the bleed valve they work in different ways, get a ball and spring mbc and use it without the bcs but leave the plug plugged in though

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 15:54
im on it mate, i was thinking before about this im gonna try to order a forge MBC this afternoon.
not many people seem to like bleed valves and im starting to loose faith in it.
i think it will be the one form parts for volvo's though i dont think its a unios one.

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 15:57
thats a bladdy bleed valve aswell:cry:
where did you order your forge one from frankie?

T5frankie
Sunday 12th May 2013, 16:31
thats a bladdy bleed valve aswell:cry:
where did you order your forge one from frankie?

from forge would be a good start lol
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0029&product=FMUNOS

or ebay and get free postage
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FMUNOS-Forge-Motorsport-UNOS-Boost-Controller-Ball-and-Spring-/280865485516?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4164e332cc

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 19:14
haha ya good point, my bad

nobananas
Sunday 12th May 2013, 20:33
The correct name for the MBC that you're after would be a Dawes device, that will have them scratching their heads at Halfrauds !

no1tosh
Sunday 12th May 2013, 21:29
haha yep there about as empty headed as they come, i had one trying to tell me that polish and wax are exactly the same thing the other week, funny concidering i didnt ask .

i read a link from this forum this morning that was talking about the dawes device, it was quite in-depth.
i dont think the forge unios is in my price range though £80

T5frankie
Sunday 12th May 2013, 21:40
haha yep there about as empty headed as they come, i had one trying to tell me that polish and wax are exactly the same thing the other week, funny concidering i didnt ask .

i read a link from this forum this morning that was talking about the dawes device, it was quite in-depth.
i dont think the forge unios is in my price range though £80
£80 but you won't get potentially damaging boost spikes with it