PDA

View Full Version : Pcv off catchtank on but failed

Mongo
Saturday 11th May 2013, 18:46
Today i removed all my pcv and run all the breathers out of 22mm copper piping to a catch tank. On start up and idle all is good after my litle boot home i checked to see if everything was ok aand there was oil evrywere im hoping its the dipstick not sealed properly otherwise manifold all off agin tomorow.
Bloody cars fix one problem cause another lol.

BlackBeast
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:00
How have you plumbed the exit from the catch tank?

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:05
Today i removed all my pcv and run all the breathers out of 22mm copper piping to a catch tank. On start up and idle all is good after my litle boot home i checked to see if everything was ok aand there was oil evrywere im hoping its the dipstick not sealed properly otherwise manifold all off agin tomorow.
Bloody cars fix one problem cause another lol.

So you have done away with the black box??, i also run copper pipe from the block/plastic box to catch tank with no problems

Mongo
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:34
Yea done away with the box just blanked off botom hole the midle and cam cover breather go into 22mm copper all the way to the catch can with a fillter not into intake pipe.

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:47
Yea done away with the box just blanked off botom hole the midle and cam cover breather go into 22mm copper all the way to the catch can with a fillter not into intake pipe.

Is the bottom hole not a breather as well?

oblark
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:52
Is the bottom hole not a breather as well?

The bottom hole is the drain back to the sump.

Jamest5r
Saturday 11th May 2013, 19:56
The bottom hole is the drain back to the sump.

So if he's blocked it where is the oil going??

oblark
Saturday 11th May 2013, 20:04
So if he's blocked it where is the oil going??

It`s so the PCV drains back to the sump :)

Mongo
Saturday 11th May 2013, 20:23
All the oil vapour that should go back into the drain hole will now go in to the catch tank. I think its only my dipstic thats leaking otherwise iv gota strip it all over again and i cba.

smithy
Saturday 11th May 2013, 22:43
Put the pcv back on and then run the catch tank mate

MoleT-5R
Sunday 12th May 2013, 00:15
This is something I should look into doing on the T5-R, is there a link to a how to guide ?

craigoodwood
Sunday 12th May 2013, 09:47
bit of a guide here :)
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/143319-jaz-1-pint-mini-catch-can-install/