PDA

View Full Version : strut brace

deerworrier
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:12
well it dosent look loike i am going to make it to VT before crimbo:( so i have decided to use the time wisely and start sorting out the little bits that need doing.

i changed my dizzy this week for a shinny new one and have checked and changed gbox oil, it looked and smelled fine but i thought what the hell.

i am looking for a list of to do's to make life easier at VT

going to order new leads and a strut brace this week and want ppls opinions on their choices, read so much on the internet decided it was best to ask those who have gone before

fitted new discs and pads last week and full service 1 month ago.

any advice or tips welcome, dont want to buy item then read thats the one to avoid.

thanks in advance:)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:28
I wouldnt worry too much sounds like you have it all in hand.

I think you could do a lot worse when at VT than have a set of Monroe reflex shocks fitted. If you have the money get the springs done too but front shocks (depending on age of current ones) is no bad thing

deerworrier
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:29
just found the stage 0 page, plenty to go on there.

any opinions on make of brace and leads would be welcome(is solid or adjustable better?) i'm thinking solid cos i cant think why i would need to adjust, but.....

deerworrier
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:33
cheers dave, i'm going to vt with a bit more than i could afford at the moment so i was going to get the exhaust and rica package but i will take a bit more mulla with me and see what hamish :worship: and co think. new shocks and springs sound nice:)

dicky b t5
Monday 17th October 2005, 17:41
just found the stage 0 page, plenty to go on there.

any opinions on make of brace and leads would be welcome(is solid or adjustable better?) i'm thinking solid cos i cant think why i would need to adjust, but.....
Go with the OE Volvo S/Brace , think most of us have um....about £65+vat
you wont go wrong at that price..! :B_steerin

steveT5
Monday 17th October 2005, 20:00
Vep, go for the brace from the main dealer, competitively priced and looks well.

siamblue
Monday 17th October 2005, 20:05
Go with the OE Volvo S/Brace , think most of us have um....about £65+vat
you wont go wrong at that price..! :B_steerin

Or £55 + vat at SW Autos.

Engineer
Monday 17th October 2005, 21:09
Or £55 + vat at SW Autos.

Know where you coming from Gaz, but is that OE?

deerworrier
Monday 17th October 2005, 21:46
cheers boys, ovlov's own it is:) am i as well to go for oe leads aswell or are there any better similar priced alternatives?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 17th October 2005, 23:57
OE Leads are fine.

siamblue
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 01:15
Know where you coming from Gaz, but is that OE?

Yes it was for a C70 OE brace. They are about another £10 from the main dealers,