PDA

View Full Version : database

dirtybootz
Friday 10th May 2013, 21:11
can anyone tell me if there is a database where you can put your volvo reg in and it lists its build spec ! or something similar like ford etis ? thanks

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:26
Fine form of ignorance !............a 'no' would of been suffice,I will try elsewhere.

stephenevans99
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:32
Jeeez...wind your neck in.

Have you tried the obvious like contacting Volvo with the chassis number.....keep in mind that your car came off production with all the toys fitted & then assigned a registration by the DVLA. Volvo are your best bet.

stephenevans99
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:36
ffs....it's been over 3 minutes and no reply to my last post ;) lol

p fandango
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:36
& relax, the main stealer will be able to print off the original build spec for you

stephenevans99
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:38
I hope I get a thanks !! lol

See, we're really quite friendly and do enjoy a bit of banter......

Now where's my 'Thanks' ????? ;)

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:39
I didn't even get a response to my post that I didn't even write.... what's this place coming to?

stephenevans99
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:41
I didn't even get a response to my post that I didn't even write.... what's this place coming to?

I'd go with Leather....Rubber will make your nutz sweaty.

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:52
What a reaction !.......why did it take that to get a response.............because Im new ?

stephenevans99
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:56
Not at all mate.....people tend to do other things on a Friday evening and may not of had time to respond to your question. It's not as if you've waited days for a response is it.

Chill.

Harvey
Saturday 11th May 2013, 11:58
Or put you car on a dice-Vida and that will tell you what was fitted.

M-R-P
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:04
I found the best way to find out what the car's fitted with it to use an analog optical scanner.

Open the doors, turn on the ignition and look around.

Should reveal many things without the need for research :)

Harvey
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:06
I found the best way to find out what the car's fitted with it to use an analog optical scanner.

Open the doors, turn on the ignition and look around.

Should reveal many things without the need for research :)

Rose tinted one's are always better.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:11
Thanks for all your advice!! Sir dirtybootz, the delay on your reply was just the fact that others were waiting for someone else to reply just in case they were wrong. Having a hissy-fit before you've given more than a handful of posts isn't realy fair.... yes a lot of us do live on here more than anywhere else, but we do have a bit of a life... even a regular like me has posts that have never been replied to.

Relax, enjoy the forum and I'm sure you will get a lot of good.... ( and some bad) advice!

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:27
Thats all I wanted ! just the info !! thank you for that,I am new to volvo cars,but not HGV ! or plant ! banter is good ! but not into sarcasm ! I came here to learn,not to be preyed upon,looks like I better sling my hook .thanks again ;)

timbo
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:30
Blimy! Need to chill out Son shine! Have a smoke and a pancake?? Think of you're blood pressure! This is a Volvo forum! We're all naked in a sauna eating diam cake and roll mop herrings on a friday night, and you might not get invited if youre a nasty pasty ;)

M-R-P
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:41
Thats all I wanted ! just the info !! thank you for that,I am new to volvo cars,but not HGV ! or plant ! banter is good ! but not into sarcasm ! I came here to learn,not to be preyed upon,looks like I better sling my hook .thanks again ;)

Ok ok... Have a read back through the posts mate, check who started with the sarcasm ;)

It's perfectly normal that the threads get a bit "fun" and is in no way intended to offend. That's what defines good forums from bad/boring ones.

Biff
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:49
To be fair I didn't reply as I didn't know the answer. I feel so horrible now.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 11th May 2013, 12:56
To be fair I didn't reply as I didn't know the answer. I feel so horrible now.

& so you should!!

Gold 'N' Brown
Saturday 11th May 2013, 13:11
Dude, chill out! I've only just registered too, and found since I've been checking for new posts every day that this isn't the most active of forums compared to some. I've only had a couple of replies to my question about brake bleed tools, which is something I'd have thought a lot of people would have experience with, yet nobody seems to want to share the knowledge. But instead of coming on here and being all arsey about it, you've just got to be patient, and if you still don't get anywhere, a polite prod to bump the post up would be sufficient. Throwing your toys out the pram isn't going to do you any favours as a newbie :smile:

Biff
Saturday 11th May 2013, 13:20
In all fairness we are all still learning too, volvo's aren't as main stream as say a vauxhall or ford so we don't all know the answers.
Gold n brown I didn't answer your thread as my easibleed worked on my ph1. My suggestion would've been to get the mrs in it pumping like reeboks finest. Just thought I'd clarify. Lol

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 13:35
Okay ! thats fair comments from all ! ............and I can handle that !.........been looking around and is alot slower to other forums Im on , Apologies to all never meant to come across as arsey !
Quite the opposite.............but no matter
The reason I asked was the car I have is ex police, and have been told they come off there own line in Belgium ! strengthened chassis ? big brakes ? and other things,just wanted to check which was right and what was wrong.

Biff
Saturday 11th May 2013, 13:42
Mate you should of said, mrp can answer all your questions. His ex plod is the best I've seen & he's clued up on the specs.
Seriously, this is the best forum. They are very helpful & most importantly its not full of knowitall yanks who inherited they're Volvo off mummy & daddy.

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 13:54
I was pointed to this forum by someone who told me this would be my best place as all other volvo forums are for people who keep them original and anoraks ! I was abit astounded at my encounter on here ! as to say ! F K here we go again !
I got an ex cruiser ! I want to know every detail about it, I have changed the look of it as much as I could without going over the top ! I got the look I want ,but no good having a motor you know nothing about !
And for the record .......I just want to get on ,have a laugh ,find out the easy ways to conker jobs on my car, maybes go to meetings , mod it abit here and there, Im sure yous get the picture :)

M-R-P
Saturday 11th May 2013, 14:41
Ok bud :)
What year is the car?
Plod cars are built in the "special vehicles garage" in Gothenburg. As standard, they come with a reinforced chassis, uprated ARBs, high lift versions of nivomat self levelling shocks. (sometimes) bigger brakes, other than removing the speed limiter, the engine is left as-is. Only individual forces tune the engines.

Biff
Saturday 11th May 2013, 16:11
We need pics of your Volvo mate.

dirtybootz
Saturday 11th May 2013, 16:32
My car is a 2005, still trying to find the force it came from as the man it belonged to unfortunately died and it was his wife I purchased the car from,hence lost all paperwork ! Im in the dark ! but that doesnt worry me ,Im sure I can get most of it once I find out which force it came from , thanks for the info ,much obliged ;)