PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - engine cutting out - v70

volvovirgin
Tuesday 7th May 2013, 17:23
Hoping someone can help me. On my way home earlier and my car just cut out (wheels in straight line) and then when turning right or left. It did this 6 times and it also happened on sunday a few times. It does drop its revs as I'm slowing down or braking. Now I have a message saying transmission service required. Any help and/or advice wud be much appreciated. Jaq

merc85
Thursday 9th May 2013, 21:51
Hoping someone can help me. On my way home earlier and my car just cut out (wheels in straight line) and then when turning right or left. It did this 6 times and it also happened on sunday a few times. It does drop its revs as I'm slowing down or braking. Now I have a message saying transmission service required. Any help and/or advice wud be much appreciated. Jaq

Model of Volvo would help peeps buddy, sounds like a air/vac leak

volvovirgin
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 17:55
Its the 2.4 v70 petrol. I have had the MAF sensor replaced last week. Was driving better then Sunday the engine management light came on. I took it to the garage yesterday and these are the codes that came up, 130a intake air leakage - faulty signal. Causes faulty airflow sensor, contact resistance in terminals and/or defective fresh air intake hose. The other code was 201a thermostat faulty signal. As mentioned I have had the MAF sensor changed but guy at garage says it may be rejecting it. It is made by the the same company as the one that was taken out, denso and that it had to be original volvo part. He called marshalls in nottingham and they quoted over £300. He never did quote me for other stuff and still have eml on. Also now coming transmission service required. Help defo needed pls peeps

T5frankie
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 18:00
what year?

volvovirgin
Wednesday 15th May 2013, 18:14
Its a 2001 51 plate, sorry forgot that bit