PDA

View Full Version : Koni's Adjustable

Jamest5r
Sunday 5th May 2013, 20:40
Was pointed out to me by Smithy that my Koni's are adjustable by the screw thingy on top of the strut, however only one turns the ns one dont wanna move and i really dont want to force it, any ideas lads :)

Ed.
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:17
Hmmm which car? I last adjusted the ones on my old car July last year. Lubricant maybe?

They do offer quite a bit of adjustment. Full soft and it is actually quite a comfortably dampened ride. Full hard and they are break your neck on a pothole solid. I left it in the middle, so that if the mood took me i could press on without much bodyroll. It did mean that i used to avoid every pothole though, everyone else on the road probably thought i was drunk.

Ed

Jamest5r
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:20
Hmmm which car? I last adjusted the ones on my old car July last year. Lubricant maybe?

They do offer quite a bit of adjustment. Full soft and it is actually quite a comfortably dampened ride. Full hard and they are break your neck on a pothole solid. I left it in the middle, so that if the mood took me i could press on without much bodyroll. It did mean that i used to avoid every pothole though, everyone else on the road probably thought i was drunk.

Ed

Haha sorry mate not the ones on your car they move easily, the one's i took off the saffy and fitted to the olive, hopefully its stuck in the max firm position.

AndysR
Sunday 5th May 2013, 21:21
I'd try a spot of WD on the top then let it soak for a little while. The rears, if fitted, will be adjustable too if they're yellow koni's. Just a little more fiddly to adjust the rears. Mine are half and half on the back and 3/4's firm on the front. It gives a nice solid confident feel to the car but with the rears being slightly softer it's less likely to step out, oversteer, when pressing on ;)

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 5th May 2013, 23:33
As above, should have 10-20 clicks, sounds like its ceased a bit..WD40 is you friend.

JT
Monday 6th May 2013, 08:03
Lighter??? Pmsl

Jamest5r
Monday 6th May 2013, 12:53
Lighter??? Pmsl

Yes please it just snapped.

AndysR
Monday 6th May 2013, 13:30
Oops :(

If it's any help I think you can get them rebuilt by Koni...

deathrider311271
Monday 6th May 2013, 13:36
Oops :(

If it's any help I think you can get them rebuilt by Koni...

yes you can mate had mine done last year, cost about £250 but that was complete new internals, adjuster and refilled.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 6th May 2013, 14:51
Haha sorry mate not the ones on your car they move easily, the one's i took off the saffy and fitted to the olive, hopefully its stuck in the max firm position.

Even the firm position was stiffer than standard..

JT
Monday 6th May 2013, 17:05
Yes please it just snapped.

Oh no!! Didn't mean to jinx it!!

Jamest5r
Monday 6th May 2013, 18:44
Oh no!! Didn't mean to jinx it!!

No problem mate lol, they will have to stay as they are just got to match the other one to the stuck one, saying that though they dont feel very stiff at all, the other 850 seems tighter? maybe there all knackered lol

smithy
Monday 6th May 2013, 19:38
Sounds like rebuild time

AndysR
Monday 6th May 2013, 20:42
No problem mate lol, they will have to stay as they are just got to match the other one to the stuck one, saying that though they dont feel very stiff at all, the other 850 seems tighter? maybe there all knackered lol

On mine with the shocks set to 3/4's you can't press the front of the car down and it's a firm ride... Excuse to rebuild I'd say ;)

Jamest5r
Monday 6th May 2013, 21:23
yes you can mate had mine done last year, cost about £250 but that was complete new internals, adjuster and refilled.

You got a linky pls mate.

Volvostorm
Monday 6th May 2013, 22:21
These re on the Koni website

http://www.koni.uk.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=126