hi all what are the size of the speakers in the 850 estates 1996 model

T5frankie
Saturday 4th May 2013, 15:42
about 15 inches lol, well my one is

p fandango
Saturday 4th May 2013, 15:46
about 15 inches lol, well my one is
only 1 bah

you won't be able to fit aftermarket speakers in without the use of adaptors, i made my own & used 5's in the doors. Autoleads do the bits you need

t5 pete
Saturday 4th May 2013, 18:01
No matter what speakers you go for in the estate it will rattle like mad its not just a case of turning it up as the louder it is the worse it vibrates the car bl00dy estates

p fandango
Saturday 4th May 2013, 18:07
No matter what speakers you go for in the estate it will rattle like mad its not just a case of turning it up as the louder it is the worse it vibrates the car bl00dy estates
my saloon never rattled :)

t5 pete
Saturday 4th May 2013, 18:12
It wont now pedro theres next to nothing left of it appart from the shell lol

Brett855tdi
Saturday 4th May 2013, 20:42
You can get after market speekers to fit.... ive fit sony xplode and jbl gto they just have a funny hole pattern and need proper universal holed ones (not just 4 equal gaped holes) i think they were 15cm in the front doors for sure.
I put some tweeters on the wing mirror covers and with what was in the boot with the 6x9s in boxes facing forward.... sounded awsome

Nifton
Thursday 9th May 2013, 11:45
I've got some 15 inch FLI 3 way in the rear, got them to fit the OEM cone houseing with a couple of tap screws and some silicone seal as i think the rears are 16, works like a charm. I have 15inch pioneer in the front which fit just fine, again with some tapping screws to hold where the lugs don't match the holes.

The main issue I'm having is finding some decent composit tweaters to replace the front and rear pillars. Any suggestions?

T5frankie
Thursday 9th May 2013, 11:49
I've got some 15 inch FLI 3 way in the rear, got them to fit the OEM cone houseing with a couple of tap screws and some silicone seal as i think the rears are 16, works like a charm. I have 15inch pioneer in the front which fit just fine, again with some tapping screws to hold where the lugs don't match the holes.

The main issue I'm having is finding some decent composit tweaters to replace the front and rear pillars. Any suggestions?

Sure you don't mean 15cms? LOL

p fandango
Thursday 9th May 2013, 11:54
i think you mean 5inch not 15's, these are 15's & they won't fit in the doors lol

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Stereo/nys15.jpg

Nifton
Thursday 9th May 2013, 11:57
lol, I meant CM oops!