PDA

View Full Version : mbc totally confused, conflicting threads

no1tosh
Friday 3rd May 2013, 20:37
hey, i recived my first mod today, MBC and a TIM 2 bar boost gauge.
the problem i have is ive been reading up on how to fit this mbc and everything i read seem to be confilcting. one thread says inbetween wastegate and solenoid valve and another says place inline from the turbo boost output to the wastegate actuator.

so where and how do i plum it in?
most seem to say a safe preasure is 13 PSI, is this right? and im gessing that this would be set when i put my foot to the floor and when it hits its maximum preasure it would be 13PSI.

and the last thing is the MBC has 3 lines: in, out (on the sides)
and then one at the bottom (opposite the screw)

which the instructions say you just leave to the atmosphire, so you dont connect anything to this one??

thanks again

tosh

T5frankie
Friday 3rd May 2013, 20:44
That would be a bleed valve not an mbc

T5frankie
Friday 3rd May 2013, 20:46
Two lines one from the bottom of the Turbo and one from the actuator both lead to the bcs replace the bcs with the bleed valve

no1tosh
Friday 3rd May 2013, 20:50
ah right ok, thanks for the quick reply :)
so whats the diffrence between a bleed valve and a MBC.
i got this from demon tweeks and i did ask for ask for a MBC.

claymore
Friday 3rd May 2013, 20:55
I've always used a bleed valve.

craigoodwood
Friday 3rd May 2013, 21:37
try blowing threw it with your mouth with one hole blocked and turnin the screw, it'll help to determine which two are in line and which one is to atmosphere ;)
you can set the bleed valve to 0.8 bar which is where the fuel cut on a standard t5 is

no1tosh
Friday 3rd May 2013, 21:55
ok lovley thanks for the help, so one more question, ive just been reading about the diffrence between the two and its been said that a bleed valve does the same as ajusting the wategate so bringing boost in earlyer.
i was under the impression that these devices actually increased the boost so more BHP

so if i go to 0.8 bar what sort of increase will i be looking at?

sorry this is the first turbo car ive owned, its making my head spin abit:slap:

polak t5r
Friday 3rd May 2013, 22:09
where did you get it from mate i want one but looking on ebay they all look the same is there any make thats better

no1tosh
Friday 3rd May 2013, 22:15
i got mine from demon tweeks with a gauge aswell, i wanted the forge valve that parts for volvo sell but they wouldnt let me buy it over the phone and i wanted these bits so i had something to do over the weekend.
unfortunatly we only have a pc at work for the paint mixxing scheme and its not on the internet so demon tweeks it was.

polak t5r
Friday 3rd May 2013, 22:25
cheers for that i'll have a look

T5frankie
Saturday 4th May 2013, 08:05
forge unos is the best mbc you can buy, no boost spikes to break your engine

no1tosh
Saturday 4th May 2013, 20:41
that might be the one parts for volvo sell, its forge and £25.
well i think ive got my head straight with this, im only gonna go gentle with it at first and see what happens, if i like it i might get this forge unos one your talking about.

volksmaster next to my bodyshop has started doing remaps, he just added 36BHp on a stage 1,
to a 1.8T seat and he said he can do mine for £175 so i might no need to keep this valve on for very long anyway as im gessing the remap isnt going to like it.

merc85
Saturday 4th May 2013, 20:46
I use my Forge unos to smooth my map belive it or not, as its too agressive at 4,000 rpm.

no1tosh
Saturday 4th May 2013, 21:31
hhahaha right then well i might be keeping it then

thanks for all the advice big help:)

no1tosh
Sunday 5th May 2013, 15:29
fitted it today, it was so easy. set the peak boost to 0.7 bar. all i will say is it now feels how i first expected a t5 to feel.

with it set where i have what sort of rough bhp/ torque will be running at lets say 7 bar peak?

nottsgreent5
Sunday 5th May 2013, 18:01
At 7bar id say you would need a new engine lol

no1tosh
Sunday 5th May 2013, 18:03
haha sorry 0.7 bar my bad