PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel swap

BlackBeast
Monday 17th October 2005, 00:05
Ive got a Momo Race steering wheel that i would like to put on my v70, obviously i need a boss but what im worried about is this steering wheel doesnt have an airbag, so what would happen with the airbag system, would any of the other airbags still work, if not how could i get them to work?

Vikingxl
Monday 17th October 2005, 00:10
Hmmmmmm

Liddo
Monday 17th October 2005, 08:53
Is your steering wheel cream leather and in good nick??? If so, I'll take it off ya hands :D

BlackBeast
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:18
No its not and even if it was i wouldnt be able to sell it to you cause nobody is answering my question :(

Andy
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:21
No its not and even if it was i wouldnt be able to sell it to you cause nobody is answering my question :(

Sounds dodgy to me mate.

The airbags, sips, whips etc etc are all very sophisticated and i for one wouldn't be removing something which could potentially save my life.

Of the top of my head i would say that the airbag system wouldn't like it :(

Straker
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:25
I agree

Not a good idea to remove the air bag but you could probably get round the electrinics so you don't have any mill lights etc.

If you are going ahead and want to sell the old wheel and it's a black I would be very interested in it.

Give us a PM if you want more advice

Andy
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:27
Don't get me wrong BB, Momo Race wheels are cool :D

BlackBeast
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:32
Don't get me wrong BB, Momo Race wheels are cool :D

I know what your saying Andy, hence the reason for the post in the first place, i still want all the other airbags to work though, at a guess is the airbag system the same as an ABS system i.e when the light goes on in the dash the ABS system doesnt work at all?

On a good note, i know momo actually make a hub/boss kit for the 850/s70.

Andy
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:34
To be quite honest im sure the other airbags would work with the steering one being disconnected, however im almost certain a light will remain on the dash.

BlackBeast
Monday 17th October 2005, 12:37
Hmmmm, best way around that, black tape or take the bulb out, what do you reckon :D

Lee-J-T5
Monday 17th October 2005, 21:30
Isn't it true that bridging the steering wheel airbag plug connections 'fools' the system into thinking the bags still there? That would mean all the others went off in the event of being triggered, and would make the dash light work properly. Sure I read that on another forum

Straker
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 08:12
That's what I would do. As long as the car thinks the airbag is still there that is the main thing. All the others would fire regardless. I doubt very much the whole crash system would be disabled because of one faulty component. The mill light is only there to tell you you have a problem.

The ABS system is different since if one wheel doesn't work the whole system falls down.

t5owner
Tuesday 18th October 2005, 11:14
Oooooooo Nooooooo,

Take it to the main stealer and have them disco the steering wheel airbag from the system

My missis has a 440 with srs and airbag in the wheel and the nice main steelers disco`d it for her as she`s only 5 foot and if it went off it would neck her

So dunny mess with it and take it to the stealers otherwise it might take your head off

Cheers